Chapter 9 - Take Me To Wonderland

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Calla's POV

I'm just a little girl lost in the moment,

I'm so scared but I don't show it.

I can't figure it out, it's bringing me down,

I know I've got to let it go and just enjoy the show.

As soon as I saw the bright, flashing lights in the distance, I couldn't stop the warm sense of anticipation that took over my body. I can't believe Carter had brought me here.

We found an empty parking space in the back of a huge but packed parking lot. We had driven about an hour from London and it was six o'clock now, but that didn't stop floods of people from continuing to jam their way in. It was a stroke of luck that we had even gotten within a mile.

Before I even thought about what I was doing, I was out of the car and bouncing around. I yelled at the girls to hurry up and got some pretty strange looks from those around us, but I didn't care whatsoever. As soon as the girls joined me, I dragged them up to the gates to grab tickets while we still could.

We were at one of my favourite places in the world; Wonderland. It was a fairly large amusement park that we didn't come to often, but I always loved it when we did. Rollercoasters, water rides, everything about this place was like a dream to me. My friends called me a ride demon, and I couldn't disagree. The thrill of the rides and the experience as a whole was enough to keep me content for days after. My friends weren't all that big into rides, so they each took turns going with me. I even ended up going alone sometimes, but that never stopped me.

I was even more pumped than usual because since it was a Saturday evening, they were open later than usual and all the rides were lit up in bright colours. They would glow and sparkle, more and more as the sun would begin to dim away. Also, they'd come out with a brand new rollercoaster, their biggest yet, and I'd been wanting to go on it so badly.

Faint music could be heard from some of the rides, the smell of all the different foods, and I wasn't waiting any longer. Once past the gates, I grabbed the hand of one of my friends, not sure which one, and sprinted to the nearest attraction. The drop tower. Thankfully the line wasn't too long, so we didn't have much of a wait.

It ended up being Alyx on that ride with me, and she was squeezing my hand in a death grip all the way to the top of the tower. As they counted down from ten until the drop, my friend looked dizzy and just about ready to pass out as she glanced down to ground far, far below us.

"We aren't that high!" I yelled over the windy atmosphere.

"Says you," she mumbled, clearly not impressed.

"Three, two, on-" My breath was taken away as we fell and fell, gravity pulling us back to Earth. At the bottom I was laughing giddily and trying to straighten my tangles of hair. "See, that wasn't so bad."

Alyx probably didn't agree, but she said nothing. She just shot murderous looks my way, not pleased with my particular ride choice and that she had to be the one to go on with me.

Many rides, screams, and curses later it was getting late into the night. I had plenty of energy left and the park was so extensive we'd barely covered half of it. But the other girls were going to collapse any minute now. I still had yet to ride that rollercoaster I'd been waiting for, but I was saving the best for last.

I noticed something weird though, some sort of absence. I wasn't sure what it might be, but something was off. I could feel it. I reached to fiddle with my necklace absentmindedly, but only grabbed air. It was gone. My lucky necklace, the one I'd gotten when I was younger at a concert for my one of my favourite bands, Marianas Trench. The one I wore most days and always wore for luck when we played a show. Gone.