Chapter 1 - Face the Music

A/N: Heyy, this is my first story and I'm enjoying writing it so far, but I really want some feedback! So any advice you have is greatly appreciated :)

Hopefully you like it, but just a warning; it will be a tad slow in the first couple chapters because since I'm attempting to write a longer story than I normally would even think of doing, I'm taking my time with character introductions and all that. But hang in there, it will get better! Also if there are any mistakes, I'm not the best when it comes to typing, I actually prefer writing :$

So anyway, leave comments, vote, share with your friends or whatever and let me know what you think :D Oh, and I will try to post different songs and pics/gifs with every chapter, so check that out too!    

     ~Keely xx

Chapter 1 - Face the Music

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Calla's POV.

You give me that hummingbird heartbeat...

Today could be a make or break day.

I awoke to the sound of Katy Perry's song Hummingbird Heartbeat blaring from my iPod. I immediately hit the snooze button on my docking station with such a force I was almost afraid I'd broken it until I rolled over to check the bright numbers glaring in my face. 6:00 AM. Sigh.

I had set an upbeat song for my alarm hoping it would motivate me a little more to get up that day. That clearly wasn't happening. I was more of your party-till--the-wee-hours-of-the-morning-then-sleep-till-noon kind of girl, not to mention the fact I had gotten next to no sleep the previous night. I had stayed up tossing and turning, nervous and worried even though I knew I was probably just over thinking things like usual.

To say the least, I wasn't in a great mood because aside from waking up at balls AM, Carter, my best friend and band mate, and I had a meeting with Syco soon.

I don't know why, but as soon as they had called and asked us to meet them at 9 AM that Saturday morning, a knot had started forming in the depths my stomach. It just gave me one of those bad feelings, the kind that run on pure instinct and you can't really reason with. I tried not to think about it too much as I pushed back my plushy blue duvet and dug my way out of the continuously growing mountain of pillows at the head of my queen bed.

I slowly stumbled over to the door in my black booty shorts and baggy blue Titans tee I'd kept from high school, still half asleep. I swung it open and stepped in to the hallway of Carter and mine's flat, not taking any care to be quite since I knew she would already be awake. In all the years we'd known each other I still didn't understand how she could be such a morning person. It just didn't make sense.

We'd been best friends since kindergarten and we knew everything about each other, nothing surprised us anymore. We stuck by each other all this time, and I'm glad I'd been so lucky to find someone who could put up with me for so long. I still kind of remembered the day we met when she shared one of her tootsie pops with me, which is also where we got the inspiration for our band name. In the fourth grade, we decided we were going to have our own band and be famous, like most other kids probably dreamed of too. We knew we sounded weird and naive, but we didn't care.

Carter and I were dead serious about it and we did everything together. Sure, we had our circle of friends that we loved with all our hearts, but she and I had that special bond that made us inseparable. Once high school began everything started, including extra music classes, vocal lessons, and even guitar and piano lessons. We played at every possible school production and even managed to get some random gigs here and there around our small town Once we'd been known locally for a while, a good family friend of Carter's noticed and told us she had a few connections, connections that gave us the chance to perform for Simon Cowell. The Simon Cowell. He seemed to enjoy our performance and after a few short meetings, the Tootsie Pops were signed by Syco Records.