Chapter 18 - Feeling Helpless

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry's POV

Remember all the ways you fixed me? How will you fix me now?

And if you're ever feeling you're bruised and battered, always sore,

I won't tell no one, just breathe.

What the hell was going on?

I could smell the chlorine, feel the cool air on my skin, but it was what I heard and saw that set me off. A scream. And some guys who were about to get a piece of my mind, and maybe a face full of my fists.

A larger set boy, my current focus, was touching her. Holding her. I could tell she didn't like it, and neither did I. Just the sight of his hands on her, looking at her with lustful eyes that saw her as nothing more than an object, made me see nothing but red. I could see in Calla's expression she was scared, threatened, but I was flat out angry. Nobody, should be treating a girl like that. Especially her.

I ran across the slick tiles, almost slipping with every step I took, but I made it across the room to Calla in one piece. My hand gripped the boy's arm, and he turned his head abruptly, startled. But when he saw me, he simply smirked and let out a short, dry laugh. He reeked of alcohol, and the way he stared at me was unfocused. He'd be easy enough to take out if he was half as drunk as I thought he was. I tightened my grip on his arm, starting to pry him away from Calla. "Take your hands off her," it was more of a demand than a request, though I tried to speak as calmly as possible through gritted teeth.

Calla's head whipped around at my voice, and her eyes immediately found mine. They were anxious and frightened, sending me a silent plea for help. He had a tight hold on her waist, and it was obviously causing her pain, not to mention he was probably much closer than she was comfortable with. Hell, I wasn't comfortable with him being that close to her.

I knew my rash decisions were a part of my protective instinct over her, and I listened to it. Even though this guy was a few inches taller than me and looked like he was on steroids, my muscles worked without my mind's permission. I pried his arms from her, and used all the force I could gather to throw him to the floor. It wasn't too hard, he was unsteady and tipsy enough without my help. His first reaction was shocked, and he began to take on a worried expression when I was leaning over him seconds later, the advantage now on my side.

I'm not sure exactly what I would have done next, I hadn't even thought about it before I'd pushed him to the ground. But before things could get any more out of hand on my end, I heard rage filled shouts I recognized as Louis and Zayn.

The two boys were red in the face, arguing with another boy who I presumed was a friend of the first. Either way, my friends were the only things separating him from a wet, timid looking Carter who was being hovered over by Caroline and Liam. I saw Carter in the water earlier when approaching Calla, but I had been too distracted at the time to do much. My assumption was Louis had gone in after her like I thought he would, seeing as his swim trunks and hair were now soaked.

Lou was busy getting up in the lanky boy's face, sassing him out most likely. But in the blink of an eye things went from bad to worse. One second the guy was pushing Louis back, then Zayn was stepping in, which backfired badly on him. 

The guy's first reaction was to turn to Zayn and shove him just as he had tried to do to Lou, but directly behind Zayn was the deep end of the pool. In he went, and gasps were audible from the rest of my band mates and I. We all knew Zayn couldn't swim, it wasn't exactly a secret.