Chapter 15 - The Decision

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Calla's POV

Yeah, the music is so loud,

I wanna be yours now,

So c'mon c'mon,

And dance with me baby.

And that was the night we played our best show ever. For the first time I wasn't nervous or scared, I was just proud.

Proud of our band, where we come from and where we're going, what we've accomplished. Proud of my friends, the way we work so hard and how together we can achieve just about anything. But most of all I was proud of myself.

I could actually say I gave it my all, I did my best and not once did I let my stage fright touch me. This was a huge step for me, and I felt kind of free in a way. I know knew I had a choice; I could let myself be afraid and let my fear manipulate me, or I could drop that and let myself live. Fear was simply a thought, nothing more. I didn't need to let it take such a big part of my life from me, and I no longer had to hold back from doing what I loved so much.

What I was born to do, my conscience whispered, and I finally believed myself. Or more importantly, believed in myself.

We were all sat back stage on stools, extra amps, or whatever was available in the cramped space, all a bit breathless, huffing and puffing, but unable to stop smiling. Words couldn't describe the rush I felt, and the girls were just as exuberant. It really was the first time I'd let myself feel this way and I was glad to be able to finally share in what my friends always experienced after gigs. I can't believe what I'd been missing out on.

Our empty water bottles lay strewn around, the stuffy air of the club plus an encore performance leaving us exhausted and our throats burning for the cool liquid. I was finishing up my fourth bottle when I saw the boys approaching us, taking in the muggy backstage atmosphere. It must have been quite the difference from the rowdy crowd on the other side of the walls, still shouting and dancing as the heavy bass resumed it's pounding from the sound system.

Pats on the back and congratulations were given. Throughout the whole show I think the boys had been our biggest fans, despite the massive roars we received from the rest the club. They had been pumped the whole time, singing along with the songs they knew, dancing, and just having a grand old time. I couldn't help glancing at Harry from time to time when I neared his side of the stage, each time our eyes locking and each time I caught that look of approval and encouragement. That was all I needed to keep me going.

It was abnormal for me to care so much about one person's opinion when usually I was more focused on the majority, but the fact that he genuinely liked us meant everything. His support was the only thing that mattered to me. With that I didn't care about what anyone else thought, no one else was as important to me right then and there.

Harry took a seat beside me on the small amp I sat upon, his knees brushing against mine as he pressed up close to my side. There wasn't a lot of room to sit on the amp, but I guessed there were other reasons for his proximity, too.

"You ladies were brilliant!" Liam said, going to give Alyx a congratulatory high five. His hand was left hanging in the air, Alyx frowning deeply before completely ignoring him and turning her full attention to Niall. The two talked excitedly between themselves, her occasionally giggling and Niall's blushing blatant against his pale skin.

I still couldn't brush off my friend's behavior. This wasn't the Alyx I knew, but then again I probably wasn't the same when I was around Harry, either. And I noticed the little differences in Carter, too, whenever Louis was brought up.