Chapter 19 - Two Can Play

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry's POV

Couldn't help it when we met,

I was playing hard to get,

But one look and that was it,

Now it doesn't matter.

I was enjoying the moment alone with Calla, but it just didn't feel like the right time. She didn't need anything pushed onto her after what just happened.

Besides that, I'd had an idea blooming in the back of my mind. I had begun thinking about what a serious relationship with Calla would be like, and I'd decided if anybody would be able to handle it, we could. Or at least we could try. If I was going to show her that and get her to take me seriously, it would have to be perfect. And I had it all planned out and hidden away in my mind's vault for that 'just right' moment.

Luckily before I got more out of line, she danced out from under my hands, grabbing both our towels and holding them up like a prize. "Now that was sneaky. You love to tease me don't you?" It may not sound that bad, but it was actually quite inconvenient. My legs were still wet and the air was turning them to ice, causing goose bumps to rise over them.

She grinned from ear to ear. "Don't kid yourself, you love it," she winked at me. Two can play that game.

I walked slowly towards her, taking longer strides as she simply stood there with her cheeky smile. She now held the towels behind her back, but I didn't go for them. Instead I put my arms around her like they had been before, this time pulling her so close I could see little flecks of royal blue contrasting in the bright sky blue of her irises.

Calla inhaled sharply, trying to keep herself from gasping at the minimal space separating our bodies. Her smile dropped from her face as she looked up at me, and in her features I could see a familiar longing that I shared. But I couldn't bring myself to actually kiss her, even with the opportunity wavering a breath away. Like I said before, now wasn't the time.

On the contrary, my face broke out into my own grin, which led hers to turning confused. I used the moment to take her by surprise, grabbing the towels out from behind her back easily and running into the hot tub room. I heard her footsteps and laughter chasing behind me, but didn't stop until I was a foot away from the hot bubbling water.

Carter and Louis were on one side, Zayn sitting adjacent to them, all looking equally bewildered at the two of us and our little game. I dangled Calla's towel over the hot tub, threatening to drop it in. "You wouldn't!" she said, stopping in her tracks. She knew if she came any closer there was a more than likely chance I'd actually do it.

"I don't bluff."

"Sorry to interrupt, but you guys do know there is a whole stack of towels over there right?" Zayn pointed to a corner of the room which held a pile of clean towels next to an empty hamper for the used ones.

And for some reason, Calla and I just burst into laughter. I'm not even sure what was so damn funny, but it was contagious and I even heard a few chuckles from our friends. I was just glad to be back to acting normal, playing a silly little game and genuinely laughing, no longer phased by this morning's troubles. And I was glad to be able to put a smile back onto Calla's face because she looked so much more beautiful when she did.

The hysterics eventually died down, and we joined our friends in the hot tub. It was nice to kick back and relax, even if for only a little while. We all talked for a bit, mostly about what the next few days were going to be like. Funny thing was, the girls had no idea.