Douse The Flames

Alrighty then. On to the final match of the first round.

Todoroki Vs Uraraka!

I will not reveal anything about my plans for Todoroki in the authors notes. What you will know will come from the story.

So anyway, on to the chapter!

)=(

Shoto Todoroki stepped into the hallway that led to the fighting stage. Endeavor stood a few feet to his left, leaning against a wall. His flames flickered hungrily.

"Shoto... You cannot win this without my power."

Shoto locked eyes with his father.

"I don't need to use that power. I never will."

Todoroki took a step down the hallway. A clap rang out as his head snapped to one side. Endeavor had slapped his son.

"Shoto... YOU WILL USE THAT POWER!"

Shoto looked at his father. "I told you already. I will not use it, because I don't need it. I don't need you!"

Endeavor gritted his teeth and grabbed Shoto's right hand, twisting it and causing it to break. Shoto gave a grunt of pain.

"Let's see you use your ice now..."

The number two hero walked back to his seat. Shoto looked down at his hand.

"I... don't... NEED IT!"

Ice encased Shoto's hand, keeping it in place. With his hand stabilized, he walked down the hallway and emerged onto the field.

)=(

Izuka made it back to her seat and sat down. Hatsume smiled and went to talk to her, but Izuka shook her head. The scarred girl pulled out a notepad and scribbled on it furiously, before holding it up.

"Can't talk. Mandalay Quirk. Listening to us..."

Hatsume bit her lip and growled. Toga's eyes narrowed.

"I'll see if I can take care of it." Mirko stood up.

Izuka shook her head and scribbled again.

"It's fine. I just need to act like a goody two shoes... I'll fix it soon."

Mirko nodded. "Okay. Did you check to make sure everything was ready?"

Izuka nodded. "Everything's perfect. I also ran into Todoroki!"

"Did you now?" Toga smiled. "He's supposed to be the strongest in 1-A you know."

"Well... I think that Katsuki Bakugo might be his equal now." Izuka chuckled. "Look! There he is!"

Shoto Todoroki walked onto the stage. His face held an emotionless expression. His right arm was encased in ice.

Izuka's eyes narrowed as she saw the ice. "Something's wrong..."

"What do you-"

"Hatsume, use your quirk and zoom in on his hand..."

Hatsume nodded. Her pupils dilated and she stared at the boy.

"That's an odd angle. His hand is broken. He's keeping it stable by coating it in ice."

Izuka gritted her teeth. "He was fine when I saw him. Who-"

Her eyes snapped to a flickering figure that emerged from the stadium hallways.

'Endeavor...'