Heroes are Annoying

Izuka grinned down at the fighting stage. Ibara Shiozaki approached the ring, her vines flowing out behind her.

Hatsume was already on the stage, tinkering around with her robot.

"ERRRR. ERASER? IS ADJUSTING ITEMS LEGAL?"

"Of course it is idiot. Running last minute diagnostics to make sure everything is in working order is permitted. Any additions between rounds are illegal. Tune ups are fine."

Izuka smiled. "Oh, you're in for a treat vine girl."

"READY?" Midnight raised her whip.

"FIGHT!"

Shiozaki immediately ran to the center of the arena, where she bent her legs and deployed her vines. The arena floor began getting churned up. Cracks appeared in the concrete.

"INTERESTING DISPLAY OF POWER! YOUR THOUGHTS ERASER?"

"Ibara Shiozaki... Although she isn't in my class, I know enough about her from her exam to give a detailed analysis. Although... there might be somebody better than me for the job..."

"WHO COULD IT BE?"

"Would Yumi Shoudai please come to the announcers box?"

A couple of heads turned to the scarred girl, who gave a wink before dashing into the stadium hallways.

Seconds later, she appeared in the announcers box.

"How the hell did you get here so fast?" Aizawa groaned.

"SHE'S ALREADY HERE? WAAAH!" Present Mic jumped.

"Calm yourself idiot. Come offer your thoughts Yumi." Aizawa grumbled.

"How would a student like me be able to-"

"We both know you spied on every class for the past few weeks. Go on, tell us."

Izuka rolled her eyes. "Fine."

Present Mic handed Izuka the Mic.

"Huh. Never thought the Mic would give me the Mic."

The crowd chuckled at the girl as Ibara and Hatsume continued to fight. Ibara ripped a chunk out of the arena floor and hurled it at hatsume, who dodged easily.

"Ibara's quirk is called 'vines' her hair is obviously made up of vines. Looks pretty darn cool."

Hatsume flipped over another barrage of attacks.

"Could you focus please?" Aizawa grunted over the speakers.

"Right! Sorry. It's clear that Shiozaki's first goal was to break up the arena to limit Hatsume's attacks. Doing this also provided her with more means to attack."

Hatsume danced out of the way of yet another strike. Ibara was getting frustrated.

"WHY DON'T YOU FIGHT BACK?"

"What is Hatsume doing in this situation?" Aizawa questioned.

"In this instance, Hatsume is using the most valid tactic. One that countless creatures have used for generations. RUNNING AWAY!"

Hatsume flipped over another attack. Shiozaki screamed in rage.

The girl manipulated her vines into a carpet and sped towards Hatsume, who smirked in triumph.

"TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE!"

Hatsume leapt into the air as her robot became gauntlets.

"It seems she's sprung her trap." Izuka grinned in the booth.