One Who Has Ascended

Time for chapter 15! Yeah!!!!

Thank you everybody for your continued support. Don't worry, this story is far from over.

)=(

Nezu walked up to the entrance of the tall office building in Musutafu Japan. He, Recovery Girl, and Eraserhead had tailed All Might and Bakugo to the building after what remained of the school day. The three heroes searched the large structure, before Nezu brought them back together.

"They're on the roof."

Nezu, Chiyo, and Aizawa walked up to the top of the building, where both Toshinori and Katsuki sat with their legs dangling off the edge. The strange thing was, Toshinori wasn't holding his All Might form.

"Toshinori..."

The skeletal blonde man looked at the trio of heroes with solid eyes, before patting the space next to him. "Come. Sit..."

The three heroes each grunted as they eased down. "What a beautiful view..." Chiyo whispered, as the sun set. The sky was lit up in a vibrant display of pinks and oranges. The group could see all the way to the water on Takoba Beach.

"Yeah... It is a nice view isn't it..." Bakugo said hoarsely.

"Mind telling us why you two are so upset?" Nezu said.

Toshinori winced. "It's a long story. It begins here, in Musutafu, on this very rooftop..."

"What happened here?"

"Wait All Might... I'd better start..." Bakugo said, clearing his throat. "That villain was Izuka Midoriya. Izuka Midoriya was the daughter of the Midoriya family. Her mother Inko was best friends with my mother, so we lived as if we were cousins. We played together. We ate dinners together on weekends. We drew pictures and watched heroes together. But then..."

"She changed?" Aizawa wondered.

Bakugo shook his head. "No, I changed. I Got my quirk, and she was declared quirkless, and that's when everything started to go downhill. I began bullying her... My mom confronted me about it a lot, but-but... I didn't stop. For years she was there, always seeming to look down on me. I never realized that she was looking up to me..."

"So? What happened next?" Chiyo asked.

"Two years ago, Inko passed away. Izuka's dad had left them and traveled overseas. Izuka ended up living on her own. She said that she didn't want to leave the family apartment. Then one year after that, it got to be too much..."

"What happened?"

"The bullying had stopped for about a month after Inko's death, but then I went back to it. Some of the students at the middle school defended her after that, but for some reason, I just got angrier. Then, one day there was nobody there... And... And I... I told her to jump off of a building..."

Chiyo sighed, as did Nezu. Toshinori hugged the boy as Aizawa regarded them with calculating eyes. "But that's not where the story ends. Is it All Might?"

Toshinori shook his head. "No. That day, I met her. I saved her from a villain made completely out of sludge. As I leapt away, she grabbed onto me and hitched a ride. We landed right there..."

Toshinori lifted his hand and pointed to a small indentt of two shoes on the rooftop. "Then, she asked me if she could be a hero without a quirk..."

"And you said no..." Chiyo grunted. "You never were one to make rational decisions."

"I was trying to keep her safe!"

"TOSHINORI YAGI! HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHERE YOU WERE BEFORE NANA?"