My First Day Home

I was woken up to the lovely smell of pancakes and coffee being made from downstairs. I pushed the duvet off of myself and slipped into my comfortable pyjamas as I skipped down the stairs. I heard soft music coming form the kitchen, a little humming sound came from his voice. Myles loved to sing, he was pretty good at it to be honest I could listen to him for hours. Down on the floor next to him was Shadow, out of all the people I have ever known Myles is the only person she goes too. "Unless Shadow goes to Myles because he feeds her bacon" I muttered as I laughed to myself.

"You're up, I thought I heard footsteps" He said smiling at me
"This smells amazing" I replied to him
"This isn't for you, this is for Shadow" He said giving her some bacon off the plate
"Oh" I replied the smiled gone form my face.
"Really? you believe that, Of course its for you. Shadow has already had hers" He spoke laughing

I walked over to the mug rack which was always on the side next to the toaster. I started spinning it around to find the right mug for my cup of tea. I came across Myles's favourite mug, "this should get him back" I quietly whispered to myself. This mug wasn't just a normal mug, oh no. This was like a prize to him. So I took it upon myself to do my tea in it after he was so sarcastic to me it seemed like the perfect payback.

"Oh no, Put it back!" Myles replied after turning around
"No way, not after what you just said. Denying me food!" I laughed as I boiled the kettle
"I'm sorry I will never deny you food again, can you please put the mug back. You know how much I love that mug" He whined
"Really? It's only a star wars mug" I replied

I could see it in his eyes that he was holding in his sadness as I started to pour in the boiled water form the kettle. Meanwhile the whole time he is watching me I'm just smiling. Once you find that one mug that makes coffee or tea taste better then it becomes the one that's most used.

"Anyway, How did things go?" Myles asked me as he started to plate up our breakfast.
"It could have gone better but I think things are going well" I replied to him trying to keep my answers short. There were reasons why I didn't tell him the whole story.
"You always give that answer. I'm not going to tell anyone" He replied

I took a deep breath in "Okay" I paused before carrying on "I am there to interview the one and only God Of Mischief. They needed someone with powers similar to his to get him to trust and open up"
"Wait you get to interview Loki?" He replied

"Yes, who else would it be, this is like government stuff. It's top secret. But I have one problem I can't seem to get him out my head. I had to get into his head and the only way I can do that is tap into my powers to do it. But he is a lot stronger then I am" I replied

"How can he be in your head?" Myles questioned
"It complicated, it hasn't happened yet but I can feel him every now and then. The way I have to get into some ones mind is by touching them. I can hear their thoughts and see their emotions. While it was happening he must have done something to me" I replied looking away from Myles

"You know I'm not angry at you. You don't have to look down like that. I love you and I'll support you in anyway I can" He replied getting up out of his chair.

Myles was so understanding and I did love him but I may not have told the whole truth. I do hear and feel Loki a lot. Half of myself tells me to ignore it but the other half wants me to call up the avengers and go back. I couldn't tell him the truth it would break his heart and I don't want to be someone that hurts another person. Myles knew what he was getting into from the moment I told him what I was.

After breakfast I grabbed the plates, cups, knives and forks and put them into the washing up bowl so they were ready for me to do. I looked down at Shadow and sat down next to her. She rested her head on my thigh and I knew she could feel me. Her eyes looked lovingly towards me as I started to give her a fuss. I really needed this job, I needed to know my purpose especially with this power of mine. I needed answers and my only way would be through Loki. When I touched him, not only did I see and hear him but I could also look through his eyes. I knew this power wasn't part of my other powers but surly if I can do it so can he. Which made me worried even more about why I was feeling the way I was. I had a gut instinct that something wasn't right. Why could I feel Loki so much more yet be so far away?

"You okay?" Myles said peering from behind the kitchen door.
"Yeah Just having some time with Shadow, I'll be with you in a second" I replied

The feeling that something was wrong made me feel sick to my stomach, I'll have to check in with Nick Fury tomorrow and just make sure that everything's okay. Because these feelings shouldn't be happening when I am this far away from him. My biggest worry was that Loki somehow managed to escape.