The Meeting

Nick Fury called us all for a meeting, Natasha and Bruce came to get me from my room. A few minutes after hearing the announcement it wasn't long before the doors to my room opened.

"Are you ready?" Bruce asked me
"I'm just nervous" I replied
"Don't be you'll be fine" Natasha replied a warm smile formed across her face which made me feel a little better.

I grabbed my brief case and walked out the door with Bruce and Natasha. I just couldn't believe that out of all the people I could be trying to interrogate its Loki. This was the biggest day of my life and I wasn't about to mess it up.

"Now we have some important issues that need addressing we have Loki here now. Please be prepared for any stunts that he may pull. Guards will be outside your door, you will have a small ear price and microphone" Fury paused. "I hope you read up on his powers" he added
"Yes Sir I did, I should be able to block anything he attempts to do as we almost share the same powers" I replied hesitantly. I didn't even know why I said that.
"That's why you are here" Steve replied.

I took a deep breath and tried to engage in the rest of the meeting. But I couldn't focus, my mind was else were and I just wanted to get the first day done. I didn't even know how I was going to start the conversation with Loki. I was really not prepared.

"That will be all, could you come here please" Mr Fury boomed
"Yes"
"Here is you microphone, ear piece and Loki will be with you soon" he replied

On that note I was sent back to my room to wait for the guards to bring him in. I was nervous I didn't know whether to stand or sit down. What would look more professional? "Stop it you'll be fine" I said to myself. I kept looking at my watch, flicking through my notes trying to refresh my mind.

That's when a loud knocking sound came from outside. I took a few deep breaths and opened the door.

"Loki is here for you Miss" the guard said
"Thank you" I replied

Loki walked in handcuffed to the guards then once he was in they let him free. I pulled out a chair for him and he gave me a smug look. I sat at the opposite end of the table.

"Are you going to sit down?" I asked him

He didn't say a word, just smirked at me and then sat down on the chair I had pulled out for him. He sat there staring at me. All I could hear was my heart beat pounding in my chest.

"You look beautiful" he taunted.
"Let's get to the point, New York why did you feel the need to do that?" I asked him
"Why? Isn't it obvious...I wanted to rule earth" he said sitting back in his chair

I was kinda surprised he didn't try to do anything. But I guess there as still time for that. You'd think having the same powers as a god, you would be ready for anything.

"Were you working for Thanos?"
"Well I guess you could call it that but I wasn't really working for him"
"How can you say that?" I questioned "we know you were working for him, you opened the portals. Did he promised you something?" I asked
"No" he hissed

This was harder then I thought it was going to be. I just felt like I was losing each question I asked him. But I don't know why the hell I thought he was going to answer them.

"I wonder why we share the same powers? I can feel it in you" he smirked
I rolled my eyes "please can we stick to what happened in New York" I replied
"Alright, fine"
"Thank you" I said biting my pen.

A few hours passed and we both sat there is silence, I could feel some tension in the room. I knew I was going to have to hit him where it hurt. Start with the one person he is most jealous of his brother Thor.

"Considering you won't tell me much more about New York. How about your brother Thor?"
"Pft don't even get me started. You have no idea what I've been through!" He said harshly
"Let's start with when you were a baby. Abandoned by your own kind. Do you think it has something to do with that?" I asked him
"Perhaps m, but I'd rather not talk about my past. I should have been King" he replied
"But my father couldn't have a frost giant sitting on the throne!" He said through gritted teeth. "I wanted revenge" he spoke

My eyebrow went up and I was finally getting somewhere. He wanted revenge for what his step father did to him. Not only that but his brother too. I looked over at him and I could see that there was a hint of sadness in his expression. He was lied to as a child. I started to write it down in my note book.

"So you wanted revenge for being lied to?" I asked
"What do you think" he snapped

I heard over my ear piece Natasha say that there were ending the session but I wanted to carry on. Maybe cracking him wouldn't be so hard after all. But I guess it's best for everyone to get some rest. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

A few minutes later the interrogation had ended and Loki had gone back to his cell. Natasha and Steve came in and said that I did a good job and that tomorrow is a new day. They could see and hear everything that was happening. Loki was hiding something and I won't stop until I get answers.

Back in my room I started to run the shower, I stepped in and let the water was away all the stress of today. I closed my eyes to wash the shampoo out of my hair and I got a flash image of Loki smiling at me "I see you" I heard him say. I opened my eyes and looked around the bathroom. He was no where to be seen.

"He's in my head" I said disappointed in myself.