Linger

It was late at night and I couldn't stop thinking about Myles. I hadn't heard anything from him in a while but I knew how things went with him. He wasn't the best at keeping up to date with calls or texts, but I knew he'd get back in touch one way or another I just hoped he was okay

Yet there was apart of me that couldn't stop thinking about Loki. It was if he was still in my mind. I tried so hard to block him out but it was as if I could hear him and few him around me. He lingered in my mind for some reason and no matter how much I tried my best to remember Myles but every time I did it somehow turned to Loki.

"Get out of my head" I spoke quietly while closing my eyes. Thinking it might help me get Loki out my mind.

I was stronger then I thought but because I didn't need to use my powers so much at home trying to use them now drained all my energy. Myles had no idea about who I actually was and I also needed to talk to him about that first before we even decide to take anything further.

After hours of tossing and turning in bed I finally managed to drift off. My eyes were so heavy and my mind was so cloudy that I just couldn't stay awake any longer.

Hours passed by as I lay all cozy in my bed and that's when I heard a familiar voice.

"Wake up?" A familiar voice spoke
"Hello?..Natasha is that you?" I replied confused and half asleep
"It's Loki!" Natasha spoke urgently

I knew by that tone something was wrong, I shot up out of bed and sat on my desk chair as I tried to gather my thoughts.

"What happened?"
"He's gone, he isn't in his cell?" Natasha replied

I shook my head in disbelief as to how this could have happened. He's never left alone he always has guards with him and around his cell.

"Have you checked security footage?" I asked her
"Of course Nick is going over them now"
"Let me get dressed and I'll go with you to help you find Loki" I replied getting out of bed.

I grabbed the nearest clothes I could find and off I went with Natasha. For some reason I had no idea where I was going but I wanted to see if it was true. Was he really gone? I walked with Natasha through the winding hallways down to Loki's cell.

Natasha scanned her ID card and the doors opened up. As we looked inside Loki was no where to be found. There were not exits in he cell so how could he have escaped? I was so confused and for a second I thought this was a dream. I tried to wake myself up but I couldn't I pinched myself hard, I tried everything I could but I was no use.

"Oh you are funny" the voice mocked "you really don't know where I am do you?" He added
"Loki!" I replied as he revealed himself still in his cell and Natasha was no longer next to me. I'd fallen for his oldest trick in the book.
"You were too easy to get" Loki laughed
"That was evil Loki" I replied turning my back on him.
"Don't you turn your back on me! We are one you and I, I've been inside that pretty little head of yours. You and Myles seem to have a lot of history?" He mocked
"I've said it once and I'll say it again you have no right to be in my head" I replied turning around to face him.
"You're right, but it's so interesting to see that you can't get me out of your mind" he spoke walking towards me.

I didn't say a word as I knew I had nothing to come back at him with. Of course he was right and I knew I couldn't stop thinking about him. Why couldn't I get Loki out of my head.

"Here's a question for you?" I asked him
"Go on, I'm listening" Loki smiled
"Why are you doing this?"
"It's nothing to do with me. You're the one that can't stop thinking about me, I didn't bring you here" he paused "your powers run deep" he growled as he got closer to the window.

I looked into his eyes and started to back away from his cell. I turned around and left the room he was locked up in. How could I have been so dumb? To play into his own hands like that. I just gave him the best thing to play with and he would use it to his advantage.

"You silly girl" I muttered to myself as I walked back to my room.