Chapter 20- A Ball, A Dog, and An Angry Brooke

"And then she was like 'you can't do anything tonight because we have to go to a ball' and I was like 'a ball YAY'. Like I literally screamed with joy because I get to dress up and I get a hot date. I am so excited. Are you guys going? I mean you need an invention for it but I betchyall can get a date. I really want to meet the girl whose birthday it is," Riley rants. 

"I swear to fucking god shut up or else I will shut you up with that light post," Rose snaps. 

"I-I-I am s-s-sorry," Riley mumbles. 

"Rose stop threatening the poor girl," I say stepping out into the afternoon heat. 

I walk towards my car with the girls following behind when we hear some yelling. 

"Hey stop," Sam yells. I just continue my walk towards my car but notice everyone stopping to look at the perv. 

"Yes, Samuel," Riley grins. 

"Hi, beau- Riley. I wanted to ask you something," he says glancing down at his feet and up at her face. 

"What do you want to ask me?" Riley asks nervously. 

"I was... wondering if you would like to come to tomorrow's ball?" He asks while rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"I don't have time for this lovey-dovey bullshit," Rose groans before walking past and slamming my car door. 

"Ignore her," I say before following her into the car. 

I get in and roll down the windows to get some fresh air and to also eavesdrop. 

"What the hell Rose?" I scold her. 

"Like I said I do not have time for that lovey-dovey bullshit. It is the most disgusting thing ever. Like common get a room or just don't do it with me in the room. Like eww gross," she grumbles while I just roll my eyes at her childish behavior. 

I look up and Riley, Emery, and Anna are coming towards my car. Riley with a big smile on her face, Anna with a frown on hers, and Emery looks happy for the both of them. 

"OMG, I was asked to the ball," Riley sings while getting into the car. 

"Hey, me too," Anna shares with a hoaxed smile. 

"Really by who?" Rose asks while I back out of the parking spot and head out of the school's gate. 

"She got invited by my brother," Emery smirks while looking at Anna. 

"I wish Mason asked me but he's a fuck boy," Anna mumbles but we all hear. 

"You like Mason?" I ask with a smile. 

"Yes since freshman year," she responds with a light shade of pink covering her cheeks. 

"I just got a message from Brian," Emery announces.