Prologue: A New Branch

Artwork made by Monolith Soft: 'Chapter 10 Title Screen'

-----------

"Thanks for all the help! I do really appreciate everything you have done for me. I think this small project of opening a small restaurant here in Torigoth will be a great success." She said cheerfully.

"Anytime. Don't lose that contact list I gave you. Those suppliers will greatly improve your chances of success. They owe me some favors too, so they will gladly help you in your project." I replied while pointing to the small white sheet of paper next to her left arm which, she dropped many times during our discussion.

After some time, we decided to organize all the papers we had on the table - the mess was terrible.
It took us some time to gather the papers and, to our surprise, we had 2 piles of paper... Well, those were the visible piles I could count.

After organizing all the documents, we decided to take break. She offered me a glass of water, which I accepted gladly.

This girl is Elizabeth. She is a beautiful young girl in the middle of her twenties. She has blue colored eyes -a very rare color, if may I-, long straight dark hair and a very distinguishable smile. In terms of height, she is shorter than me. If I recall correctly, she is about 1.63 meters.
She is my best friend, I met her when she was 20.

Elizabeth went to the kitchen and came back quickly with 2 glasses of water, one in each hand. She handed me one and then headed back to her chair.
She sat again and exhaled a big sigh of exhaustion.

We drank a few sips until we finally broke the silence.

"Man, you are the best. You better come back when I officially open my business!
Else, you will make me REALLY mad!" Elizabeth crossed her arms, smirked a little bit and leaned her back on her chair. I felt threaten to be honest.

"Alright alright!" I said in an attempt to get out of this situation.

"I promise I won't miss it. After all, you are my best friend! I won't forgive myself if I don't make it there on time." I started drinking the water after making that promise to her.

"Oh you better!" She then proceeded to drink all the water contained in her glass.

After some minutes of relaxation, we got up from our chairs and started to transport all the paper piles to her room. It took us a fair amount of time, but it was enough that didn't affect my plans for the rest of the day.

We finished and it was time for me to leave her house. I needed to go back to the World Tree as soon as possible.
With the Aegis inbound making her way to the top, it was time for the biggest major key event in this timeline to develop. However... There is a threat that could change the outcome and I, have to stop that...

I headed towards the door. Before turning the doorknob, we exchanged the last words for the day.

"Do you think I can make it? Do you really believe that I will be successful with this project?" She told me with a very concerned face.

I froze for a few minutes. I was thinking what were the appropriate words so she didn't lose any ray of hope in her heart.
I stared at her worrying eyes and told her: "Future is not set on stone. Actually, people misunderstand the concept of destiny.
Destiny is just a collection of events that are meant to happen if you keep taking certain decisions that help to build that path." I released the doorknob and faced her.

"If you really want to be successful, it is really up to you; and from my perspective, you are taking wise decisions. I'm pretty sure you will find success if you keep giving your best. You have been planning this for a long time and I do really believe you will be successful. When I look into your eyes, I see everything except failure, because that isn't your nature." I replied with a big smile.