• XXX •

A/n: Some unnecessary drama in this chapter, but I wanted to make it more interesting. Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••

Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis went their separate ways, wishing to not discuss their feelings on what happened at Zegnautus Keep and how Noctis was absorbed into the Crystal.

Instead of heading to Lestallum like his friends, Prompto departed for Hammerhead after they returned to Lucis. He figured Cindy would allow (Y/n) to stay there until she regained consciousness. The mechanic was more than happy to let the girl stay in the bed located in the back room connected to the garage.

But now, that was three months ago. Prompto spent most of his time in Hammerhead, taking up whatever hunts he could with fellow hunters. After a job was complete, he'd return to the outpost and visit (Y/n) in hopes to find her awake. Even Cindy would pay her visits from time to time.

Unfortunately, she remained in what was almost an eternal slumber. He had time to think about the words Brahma spoke to him and was able to understand why she was in such a state. She wouldn't awaken until Noctis returned.

Although she was perfectly safe and healthy, his heart ached. He wanted her to wake up and help him through the darkness that now engulfed every corner of Eos. He was beginning to lose his mind without her by his side.

Today, Prompto had finished slaying a horde of iron giants and imps with a few hunters. He returned to Hammerhead and ate a quick meal before going to see the slumbering (Y/n).

He entered the small room located in the back of the garage and sat down in the comfy chair beside the bed. He leant forward, reaching a hand out to take one of hers. He could still feel the warmth radiating from her body. It brought him a semblance of peace but also one of heartbreak. "Hey, (Y/n)." His thumb caressed her knuckles. "Guess what I did today? I took down two iron giants by myself! I'm getting pretty good at daemon hunting. I'm thinking about doing a hunt by myself." Prompto then told her about whatever came to mind. He wasn't sure if she could hear him, but he wanted to believe she could.

"Oh, hey." Prompto scooted closer to the edge of the seat. "Remember that one time Noct came over to study a few days before finals and he almost found you?"

•••••

"We're not seriously gonna sit here and study, are we?" A sixteen-year-old Noctis asked, throwing his head back. He stared up at the ceiling of Prompto's apartment, leaning back in the chair. He drummed his pencil against the kitchen table.

"Oh, c'mon, buddy!" A sixteen-year-old Prompto whined. "Let's do a few more math problems!"

"I suck at math," the prince groaned.

"So do I! That's why we're studying so we don't completely bomb the final. I don't care about getting an A or B, I just wanna pass..."

"Specs can help us with the math later." Noctis closes his math book and stood up, tossing his pencil down. "Let's order some pizza and play video games."

Prompto glances at the clock on the oven. "We've only beens studying for thirty minutes..." He followed his friend's actions and agreed. "Yeah, let's do it. I'll order the pizza while you pop in a game."

Noctis walked into the living room and grabbed Assassin's Creed II while Prompto pulled out his phone and ordered two large pizzas. Once their order was placed, he joined the prince on the couch and watched him play the game. They handed the controller back and forth whenever one of them died.

An hour later, their pizzas arrived. Prompto paid the delivery boy and thanked him before closing the door. He placed the pizza boxes on the coffee table before sitting back down to watch Noctis wander around the streets of Monteriggioni as Ezio. When he decided to return to the story, the raven-haired boy glanced over at the blonde. "So, you gonna tell me why you didn't wanna go out with that girl who asked you out today?"