EIGHTEEN

TW: smut (nsfw, you know da drill!!)

!!WARNING: this chapter includes knife play, read at your own risk, do your own research!!

When you've finally been able to process what just happened, you're jumping off the dining table instantly and running out the door, lazily locking it behind you and jogging toward the elevator, glancing behind you to ensure that no one's watching you. You take the stairs two at a time, feeling more irritated now than ever as you run the short distance to Spencer's apartment, banging loudly on the door once you're met with the familiar oak door and the gold lettering on the front.

"Open up, asshole!" You shout, rapping your fist against the door aggressively. When you're met with nothing on the other side, your hand flies to the doorknob, surprised when it twists and you're able to pull the door open, storming inside to see Spencer sitting at his dining table sipping from a cup of coffee. He doesn't look surprised to see you here, if anything he looks amused, placing his cup of coffee down on the table to look at you momentarily.

"Is there something I can do for you?"

You clench your fists at your side and point an accusing finger at him, "What game are you playing here, Spencer?"

"I could ask you the same thing," he retorts, his tone bitter and cold. He calmly stands up from his chair and approaches you, making your breath hitch in your throat. "You just kissed me."

"Because you asked me to!" You quickly defend, feeling yourself becoming more flustered as Spencer takes another step toward you. Now that he's closer, his height gives him the advantage as he towers over your figure. He grips your chin and tilts your head up so you're looking at him, noticing the smirk on his face and how his head is tilted to the side in amusement.

"But you still did it," he defends, "Even after claiming that you're seeing someone." His smirk grows as he no doubts notices the way that your eyes widen for a moment before he continues. "It makes you a bit of a hypocrite, don't you think? Especially since you've been throwing my mistakes in my face for the last four years, but you go and do the exact same thing."

You gulp harshly and inhale a shaky breath, not saying anything. You know that if you try to speak, it would be barely coherent, but also, you have no idea what you would say in response to what Spencer just said anyway. He did it all on purpose because he knew you'd give in, and now it's all backfired right in your face.

"That is, of course, you lied about that?" He says, thinking out loud. "But why would you lie about that? It's the question of the hour," he snaps bitterly, his tone laced with both venom and anger.

"Don't talk about things you don't understand, Spencer," you warn, your eyes silently pleading with him to drop all of this before everything goes to shit. 

"So help me understand goddamn it!" He shouts, placing his hands on your cheeks and cupping them to make you look up at him as he shouts angrily. His eyes are glossed over like he's about to cry, whether, in anger or sadness, you aren't quite sure. His chest is heaving as he breathes heavily, his face a mere few inches away from yours as he continues to cup your cheeks.

"Whatever you think is going in, it's not! You need to drop all of this and let it go, Spencer. Let me go!" You plead, tears welling up in your eyes.

He shakes his head, now seeming angrier with you for saying that, "You don't get to make that choice for me, Y/N," he growls. "I know you think you're playing the hero here, but when it involves me, I'm not going to just sit back and forget about it."

"You have no idea what you're dealing with. You need to stop this now," you shout, but he doesn't look like he's having any of it. He shakes his head and clenches his jaw, rejecting your words as he runs a hand through his hair, groaning loudly.