Covention

No One's POV

The group was at the market taking care of Eda's stand as the Owl Lady dusted a few of her things. As she did King stood on a coffee table, as (Y/N) leaned on q big table with a few items for sale on it, with Luz reading a book to him, "Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted I challenge you to a witch's duel!" She then grabbed the bottom edge of the page to flip it back and fourth, "And look. I made a flip book." (Y/N) tried to look over the book to see the picture, for Luz to go ahead and show him. (Y/N) examined the picture, "Want to make." Luz smiled, "You want to draw?" (Y/N) nodded for King to snicker and point at the picture, "I can draw better than that. I am known as the King of artists."

Luz raised an eyebrow, "Wait. I thought you were the King of Demons. Are you just making this up now?" King looked at her, "It doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me." (Y/N) picked King up for the little demon to squirm, "Let me down!" (Y/N) started scratching his tummy for Luz to giggle, "Do you want me to continue the story (Y/N)?"(Y/N) nodded for Eda to groan, "Please stop reading that. It's flowering language, is an insult to witches, and is driving away all of our serious customers." Luz looked around, "Uh Eda, what customers?" The four looked around as the street was barren with nobody in sight, "There isn't even any other stands around. What's going on?"

Eda thought for a bit, "This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today." Willow and Gus then ran up to their stand, "Luz something amazing is happening today." Willow held up a poster, "It's the annual convention. Student witches get to see all types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year." Luz became intrigued, "A job fair for witches. Eda can we go?" Eda crossed her arms, "Absolutely not." Luz groaned as she sunk to the floor for Eda to look down at her, "I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure, it's like a fun club for witches, but your also giving up your magical independence to be a part of a crooked system." The children seemed down from that for Eda to shrug, "Eh, but, you know, no judgement. In any case I haven't been in one since we were girls." (Y/N) caught what Eda said, "We?" Eda stuttered, "I mean-" Luz quickly stood up, "Who's we? You have a mysterious past. Now we gotta go." Eda looked at her, "No."

Luz gained a smug smile, "Okay. Then you leave me no choice." She handed King her book for him to start reading for Eda to grab the briefcase portal, "So flowery. So awful." Eda opened the portal to walk through for (Y/N) to grab King and throw him through it as it closed for it to then disappear. It appeared again for Eda to walk through with King on her head as he continued to read. Eda had her fists clenched, "Stop it! Stop it! I will literally do anything to stop this!" 

A few minutes later the six were standing in front of the convention for all of them to be excited, except for Eda. Eda had a cowl over her, "Gotta keep a low profile." Luz crossed her, "Do you really need the cowl?" "Hey, my posters aren't just for petty theft." I bunch of small items then came out of the cowl for Eda to look at it all, "Partly. But the big whammy is that I disobeyed the law and refused to join a coven. If I'm seen I could go to jail. Again." Willow looked at one of Eda's wanted posters, "Maybe this informative event will inspire you to join a coven." Eda used magic to make Willow's cape go over her head. They walked in for Luz to gasp, "Woah. Was I even alive before?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow at her, "Yes?" Luz looked at him, "It's a saying." 

There were nine coven banners for Gus to point at them, "Those are the nine main covens, but there are hundreds you can join. Willow started naming the covens for the group to see a few of them. Luz eventually looked at Eda, "Why haven't you ever joined a coven?" Eda made Luz look at someone joining a coven, "Pay attention Luz. When you join a coven, all of your other magic is sealed away. From now on that kid will only be able to us illusionist magic. Since I never joined a coven I can use every magic. That's why I'm the most powerful witch of the boiling isles."