The Plant Girl

No One's POV

(Y/N) has been at the owl house for three days and he has been sleeping on the couch, helping learn magic even though she still hasn't been able to cast any spells, and try to teach Luz about his species. Luz woke up to get dressed and walk into the living room to see (Y/N) sleeping on the couch for her to walk into the kitchen and begin making breakfast. (Y/N) woke up as soon a Luz started cooking due to his sensitive smell. He got up and walked into the kitchen to see Luz cooking to look over her shoulder. She noticed him to move over a little to let him see what she was making. He watched her with curiosity for Luz to look at him, "They're Sunrise Sausage Enchiladas. My mom would make them every Sunday." (Y/N) wrote in the notebook Luz had given him, "What is a Sunday?" Luz chuckled a little from what little (Y/N) did know, even after everything she has already taught him since he has been here, "I guess you have a lot more to learn than me." 

(Y/N) watched Luz cook for her to finish after a few minutes and set them on the table. (Y/N) sat down to look at it curiously with caution, as for his entire life he had only eaten berries in the forest or gruel that the ringmaster from the circus would give him. Even though he's been here for three days he still has not eaten what was given to him. Luz reassured him that it was okay, "It's okay. You can eat it. There's more than just berries that you can eat here." (Y/N) hesitated to take a bite of the meal. His eyes lit up for his tail to begin wagging. Eda and King walked in for King to cheer as he climbed up on the table, "Yay! Sunrise Sausage Enchi-thingies!" Everyone ate their breakfast for (Y/N) to end up literally licking his plate clean. Luz looked at him when she took his plate, "You really liked it huh?" (Y/N) quickly nodded for Luz to set the plates in the sink. Eda then used magic to put on her outside clothes, "Alright, now that we've had breakfast it's time to do some treasure searching."

Luz got dressed for the four to head out. Luz, (Y/N), and King followed Eda for nearly ten minutes until they ran into a beached trash slug. Luz had a face of disgust as Eda looked at it in amazement, "Have you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?" Luz shook her head, "I don't like this?" (Y/N) sniffed the air to nearly puke. Eda walked towards the slug, "Yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside." She then looked at others, "Then bam! It gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt." The old witch then picked up a pickaxe, "And then we get to sell the stuff it ate." 

She handed the pickaxe to Luz who looked scared, "Please don't make me." Eda then handed it to (Y/N), who turned into his animal form and hid behind Luz's legs. King walked towards a clean spot on the beach, "Oh come on guys. It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass." Eda walked to the carcass to stick the pickaxe in it, "Eh, nuts to you three." She started to cut through the carcass letting the trash out for Luz to hold her arm, "What if we tried some new lessons for my apprenticeship? Read ancient scrolls or mix together potions." Eda pulled a phone out of the slug, "Ugh! That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff." Luz got excited, "Wait. Is there a magic school here? Like winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life kind of magic school?" "Mmhm. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the "proper" way. But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. That's what makes me it so beautiful. I didn't finish school, and look at me!" Eda was now standing in all of the garbage with flies around her, "Who wouldn't wanna be where I am right now?" 

Luz stayed silent to look away for Eda to set the pickaxe down, "Uh... Hey here's a lesson. She walked over to Luz, "A great witch is resourceful like this." She then made her put her hand in a puddle of slime for Luz to take her hand out, "Oh wow, a grease slime ball." "Use your grease slime ball wise young witch." She then went to continue looting the garbage for Luz to look down at (Y/N), "Were you ever this resourceful?" (Y/N) turned back into human to shake his head as he looked around at the garbage." Luz stood up, "Hey if you don't mind, I think that I'll head home and look at pictures of animals that are still alive." Luz walked away for (Y/N) to follow as he did not want to partake in garbage hunting as well. When the two got into the forest Luz groaned a little, "I wish that I could go to a magic school.