Chapter 26

Courtney

We came into Texas and took a forty-five minute bus ride to Dallas. Tom and I sat together the whole way, it felt pretty good to have him back with me.

We pulled up into the big city of Dallas. It was around ten to three in the afternoon. The bus stopped in front of the oh-so-famous motel 6. We all filed off into the lobby while Mr. Scotswell checked us in.

"Why couldn't we've gone to The Intercontinental? It's nicer than this dump," Madison complained.

"At least JL's not dirt-cheap and we went to the dunk and dive around the corner," one of her friends said as they passed us by.

"And you thought I hooked up with that?" Tom asked me. 

"Simple misunderstanding?" I replied. He chuckled and slung an arm around me. Mr. Scotswell came over to us, crumpling a doughnut wrapper in his hands and throwing it away.

"Alright kids, I have us all checked in. We have 9 rooms, so split yourselves into pairs. There are eighteen of you so I don't want to hear any 'Mr. Scotswell, I don't have a buddy!'," he mocked us, he sounded a lot like Ashlyn after she was sweaty from gym class.

"And before I forgot! No opposite sex in one room! Girls with girls and boys with boys," Scotswell added. A lot of protests and groaning came from the crowd. I snorted.

"I'll pair off with Dean, see you later," Tom said and kissed me.

"Bye," I said. Keri came up to me.

"Want to bunk together?" she asked.

"Sure,"

Evan

Carson and I were going to pair up anyway. We came to room 9H. It was a nice room, there was a problem though.

"Maybe Scotswell should've mentioned to give us cots instead of the couple's suite," I said.

They had given us a queensized bed...for the two of us.

"One of us should take the couch," Carson said. We looked at each other with that look.

"I call the bed!"

"No it's mine I saw it first!" 

Kathleen

Summer and I paired up for a room together. When we got in she started changing into a short skirt and crop top. I had only turned on the TV.

"What are you doing? You look like a pole dancer on the Vegas Strip," I asked.