Chapter 23

Courtney

"Are you sure it was him though?" Kathleen asked, were walking down the hallway side-by-side as she confronted me about the latest blip in my life.

"Yes I'm sure, I saw that stupid Chanel bag under the stall," I replied.

"It's a purse Court, anybody can have that exact same purse," she said.

"Yeah anybody, but nobody here can afford it except for Madison," I replied.

"Well...what're you going to do?" she asked.

"Ignore and continue on with my life. I hate liars." I replied. We turned the corner to spot Tom and Dean walking our way.

"God, you want to take the long way?" Kathleen whispered.

"No, no just ignore them. Don't look at them," I replied. We continued to look straight ahead as both boys passed us, not giving us a glance. I knew I had to be straight pissed at Tom, but it was hard.

-

After school, the girls met at a diner that had really good French-fries; I didn't have much of an appetite though.

"Court, come on eat something. We're not hogging the food here," Summer said.

"I'm not hungry," I replied.

"Well you should eat something, it's not healthy for you," Keri said.

"Hey, come on I'm not the one who's eating for two here," I replied.

"Yeah, but junior wants Auntie Courtney to be healthy when he's born," she said.

"How do you know it's a boy?" Kathleen asked.

"I don't, I'm suggesting a possibility," she replied. Just then, the boys came in.

"Hello ladies," Luke said.

"Hi," Tom met my gaze, and then I looked down awkwardly and bit my lip.

"Hey Court, can I talk to you for a sec?" he asked.

"Um...sure," I replied. He led me to the counter at the front of the diner.

"Listen, I want to come over tonight, just to talk. I think there's been a huge misunderstanding here," he said.

"No jokes?" I asked.

"No jokes, I promise. Please?" he asked. I thought for a moment before replying.

"Sure, come by at seven," I replied and went back to the table.