☺12☺

Naruto's POV:

After several more hours of walking and making our way off of a boat that led us past the incomplete bridge, which we thought was cool, much to Tazuna's pleasure, we made our way on land. We had been walking for about half an hour when I threw a kunai, fast enough to where only Kashi could see. Kashi looked at me and nodded so I headed over to the place I threw the kunai to see a dead snow white-coated bunny. 'These only come out during the winter which means it has to of been raised inside. Which also means we're about to be ambushed.' I thought. My thoughts were rather rudely interrupted my Ra. "Ru-baka! Why'd you kill that poor rabbit?!" She screeched, causing me to flinch. I'd begun training my senses recently so she's a whole new level of loud. "Ra, it's a white rabbit, in the middle of a warm season, which means it was raised indoors. There's nobody living this far out so there's no way someone just lost their pet. This means it's an enemy's" he explained as if speaking with a child, much to her ire. At that moment, a whooshing sound was hear, followed by all four of us yelling "DUCK!" and dragging Tazuna down with us. When we got back to our feet, the genin quickly slid into position to guard Tazuna while their sensei faced the man who had stuck his sword into the tree and was now facing us. "Well, if it isn't Kakashi Hatake, or should I say, Kakashi of the Sharingan?" The man began. "Zabuza Momochi, of the Seven Swoardsman and Demon of the Bloody Mist. To what do we owe the pleasure?" Kakashi greeted in return. 'I knew I recognized him. So this is one of the Swordsmen of the Bloody Mist? Scary. It's a good thing I've been training with Tenzo-senpai.' I thought. "I've come for the bridge builder. Go now and you guys will remain unharmed. I'll just do my job and leave." Zabuza answered. "No can do. We're just trying to do our job too and our job is to protect the bridge builder." Kakashi replied nonchalantly. "Get ready guys. This isn't going to be pretty." I ordered. They nodded and we tightened our formation to where our backs were practically against Tazuna. "Some smart brats you've got there. Too bad you've chosen their deaths." Zabuza said, vanishing into a thick mist and leaking heavy killing intent. 'I'm glad I've been training. This killing intent would've downed me just a month ago.' I commented to myself in my head. I looked over and saw Ke with a kunai inches from his throat. "Ke! Snap out of it! None of us will let our comrades die!" I yelled at him while slapping him upside the head. "S-sorry. I know that..." Ke grumbled while removing the kunai and moving back into his defensive position. Kashi turned around, eye-smiled, then nodded and the fight between Kashi and Zabuza began.

Sometime during the fight, Kashi got trapped in a water prison. During Zabuza's taunting, I thought up a plan and nudged Ke's arm, gaining his attention. "Ke, our only chance to survive is to save Kashi. Once he finished Kashi off, we'll be lambs to the slaughter. Do you have a fuma-shuriken?" Ke nodded and handed it to me out of his bag. "Good. I need you to throw these both at the same time but attach a wire to mine and pull it back when I throw my kunai. Got it?" Ke nodded in confirmation again before beginning the plan. A minute later, after dispelling another water bushin, Zabuza was forced to dodge my kage bushin which in turn forced him to let go of the water prison, freeing Kashi. As Kashi and Zabuza began their fighting again, Ke and I fist-bumped. "Nice job Ke! Good job defending the client from the first water bushin Ra! I'm really glad we worked well together." I complimented. This made Ra blush and Ke reply with, "You too I guess Ru." 'That's the first time he's ever complimented anyone before! I'm honoured!' I thought while practically beaming.

Towards the end of the fight Kashi had Zabuza pinned to a tree and was about to off him when three sebon flew into Zabuza's neck and a hunter-nin appeared. 'I knew I sensed another presence but I couldn't tell their complete chakra levels. They must be working together.' I thought as Kakashi checked Zabuza's pulse and then sending them on their way. 'Okay, they're definitely accomplices.' I continued. I turned to Kashi as he started to walk off before he started falling forward. I was in catching him before my brain could figure out what I was doing and set him down. "Ra, come check on Kashi! He passed out and we need to make sure he's not injured." I called out. Ra ran over and began checking him for injuries with her surprisingly moderate level of medic jutsu. "He'll be fine, just some minor chakra exhaustion." Ra reported. "Alright, Tanzuna, take us to your house so we can heal our wounds and prepare for the next attack." Tazuna nodded and led the way as Ke asked, "What do you mean? I thought Zabuza was dead." "No, he's not. Ra, you've been studying the human body and senbons. What do you think?" He asked. "Well, it's possible for someone of adequate skill to put someone in a death-like state. They would have to be very precise or the could actually kill the target." She explained to us. "Well, shit." Was Ke's elegant reply. I raised my eyebrow at him and he just shrugged, resulting in me chuckling. "Alright. Enough of the anatomy lesson. Let's move out." I order going into my 'leader mode'. I created two clones to carry Kashi to Tazuna's house.