Chapter 1 "I'm So Very Sorry"

Okay, I couldn't help myself, I HAD to post the first chapter!! I really hope you guys like it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One
"I'm So Very Sorry"

"Greg please? Just go pick her up for me? I have to finish packing for this stupid trip your making me go on and I haven't even gotten one suit cased packed! I don't have time to pick her up today. Please?" I begged my brother through the phone as I continue to fold all my shirts and put them in a suitcase.

"Fine" He sighed. "But if mom and dad find out I'm helping you they're going to disown me too." He said. I sighed but let him continue. "I will pick her up and drop her off at the door but that's it, I don't have much time, if I'm late to dinner I'm screwed, you know I can't like to our parents." He said in a stern voice. 

"Your parents" I corrected picking the phone up off my nightstand and sitting down on the bed. He sighed and I heard a car door slam in the background and Greg mumble a "Hello sweetie" to someone behind him. 

"I'm on my way. You better finish packing, you leave first thing in the morning!" With that he hung up. I rolled my eyes and tossed my phone on the bed and picked up another shirt. 

Before we go on, let me explain who I am. 

My name is Niall Horan. I'm 17 years old. I live by myself in an apartment in downtown Mulligar, Ireland. Well, not completely alone, but I'll get to that in a second. I have one brother, Greg, who is 21. He's everything my "parents" ever wanted. He got good grades in school, he was never in trouble, everyone loved him, he was just perfect in my parents eyes. Then there was me, I had trouble in school, I got picked on and ended up in fights, I was the imperfection in my perfect little family. And to make my parents hate me more then they already did I had to get a girl pregnant! Wait, let me explain before you start judging me. 

When I was fifteen (I know, I was really young...) what friends I had dragged me to a party, of course like every high school party we got drunk, the next thing I remember was waking up next to Kelly in some strange bedroom. Ten months later I got a knock on my door (at my parents house) and laying on the porch was a little baby girl wrapped in a blanket in a basket with an envelope.... 

~Flashback to that morning two years ago~ 

I was sitting on the couch with Greg, flipping through the different stations on the telly. There was a knock on the door and both of us groaned. 

"You're getting it." Greg said taking the remote from me and shoving me towards the door. I sighed and stood up walking towards the door. I wonder who it was? It was pouring rain outside, it was freezing too.. I opened the door but didn't see anyone. 

"Hello?" I asked. I was about to close the door when I got no response but that was when I heard the crying over the sound of rain. I looked out and that was when I noticed the basket on the porch. "Oh My God!" 

I grabbed my jacket and rushed out there. I fell to my knees in front of the basket and noticed a red faced, shivering, baby girl. I grabbed the basket and stood up quickly, rushing inside and out of the rain. I shook my hair out as I ran into the living room. 

"Who was a-- what's that?" Greg asked as I sat on the floor. 

"A baby." I replied, pulling an envelope off the basket and putting it in my pocket 

"Are you kidding?" He asked and I heard shuffling before he was leaning over me. "Oh my God. Who's kid is that? Niall did you steal a baby?!" He exclaimed but I could hear the joking tone in his voice.