Chapter 25- Harry's Story

Harry's POV.

   I had to get out of the house. The sight of all the blood was really starting to get to me. The horrifying images on the television brought back terrible memories. Horrible, horrible memories from years and years ago.

   Flashback

  Ring! Ring!

  Harry's phone buzzed dully in his phone. His eyes were swollen and red from crying. He was sitting in a cold, damp alley. Kelly, his prom date had stood him up, again. They had been in a relationship for five months but lately she hasn't been showing up for any of their dates. Harry tried accusing her of cheating on multiple occasions but she always weaseled her way out with the simple bats of her manicured eye lashes.

   He looked at the caller ID through blurry eyes. It was Kelly, it was also her tenth call in the past few hours. Harry didn't want to hear what she had to say. This was the last straw. Not only had she stood him up but he had also caught her snogging with Austin, Harry's 'friend'.

   Harry was still wearing his formal-ish prom attire. He slipped the small corsage from his pocket. He had planned the entire evening out. The romantic dinner, the moonlit walk in the park, the dance, even the good night kiss. But Kelly ruined it. As usual.

   Bzzzzz!

   His phone pulled him out of his thoughts once more. This time it was a text, from Austin.

   Austin: Hey bro, I'm gunna be honest, I really like Kelly. 

  This made him laugh, Harry: Just tell me one thing, how long?

  Austin: What?

  Harry: How long have you two been dating behind my back?

  Austin: Four months, man I'm sorry but she loves me and I love her. She's the one.

 Once again this made Harry laugh. He had thought the same thing when he and Kelly had started going out. She had a way of making people feel like that, and then she breaks their heart.

  Harry: Give it time, she'll find a way to ruin your life.

 Austin: I don't understand

 Harry: You will, I promise.

 Suddenly a new number flashed on the screen with and unread text.

 Kelly: Hey hon, it's over. I've found someone new, dare I say better, in my life.

  Harry's filled with tears. It's officially over. His relationship, what felt like his life, was now over. He knew it was over when he saw her kissing Austin, but to have it written in text was too much to bare. There's simply nothing left to live for. What's life without love right? Harry stood and ran out of the alley. He ran down the street, not knowing where he was going. He just had to get away.

  He couldn't remember much of what happened next. He couldn't see much through the thick tears that were streaming down his face. He remembers turning down a dark street and coming face to face with a pair of bright white headlights. He remembers the bone crushing force of the car colliding with his body. He remembers hitting the ground and watching as the blood and life drained slowly out of his skull.

   Worse of all, he remembered not caring weather he died or not.

  Harry woke up in the hospital 3 weeks later. He had been in a coma and was legally dead for the past two days. He felt groggy and sore after all that time in the hospital bed. Harry could tell he had been run over. By what, at the time, he didn't know. He didn't remember anything except the mass of blood.