Chapter 18- The Phone Call

Tanya's POV

I lift myself off of Niall's distractingly bare chest, once again, and slip my phone from my pocket. It read 'Unknown' hmm, what to do, what to do. I finally decided to answer it and clicked the 'Talk' button.

"Hello?"

"Tanya?"

I glance at a bored looking Niall, "Cody? Is that you?"

"Tanya, it's mom, she hit me again."

This caught my attention, "What do you mean, she-hit-you?" I ask tightly trying to control my anger.

I could hear by the sound of his voice that he had been crying. I could also tell that his breathing was labored, something was very wrong.

"I accidentally spilled grape juice on the carpet in the living room. I didn't mean to, it was an accident." he whimpered.

Suddenly I could hear screaming in the background. Cody whimpered again and I couldn't help but let one go myself. I had been the target of my mother's episodes many times as a little girl. Nothing is scarier than seeing your own mother coming at you with a stake knife. The pure terror of being chased around your own house by a woman going for the kill.

"Tanya, love, what's wrong?" Niall asks, his eyes wide in concern.

I raised a hand to silence him, "Cody, listen to me, I'm going to hang up and your going to call the police. Ok? Do you understand? Call 911, once you do that call Dad, he needs to know when these things happen too."

"But he never does anything, he always defends her. He doesn't care."

"You need to make him listen, ok? Make him listen to you Cody." I press.

"Tanya, what's wrong?" Nialls questions, moving closer, close enough to distract me with the heat of his breath. Damn him.

I shuffled farther and continued, "Cody, did you hear me? Call dad."

He sniffled, "Ok, but Tanya, I"m scared. She's never been like this before, not even before her rehab. Tanya, she's way worse."

"Call dad, I'm going to hang up now, Ok? I'm going to hang up, and your going to call the police, then dad."

Cody drew in a shaky breath and sniffled, "Ok Tanya, bye, I love you."

Tears sprung to my eyes and I dried them with my shirt sleeve. Chocking back a sob, I continued, "I love you too, LittleMan."

I killed the line, taking in a shuddered breath, I turned to Niall.

"I'm going home, my brother needs help....right now."