Chapter 13- Monet

"Who!" Brianna barked.

"I don't know! Her name was Monet, apparently they know each other from class." I spit.

"From class? Which class? Why haven't I ever met her?" Bree pressed, crossing her legs as she sits on my bed.

"He said she's his science partner. That's all I know." I confess.

"Well I want to know who she is." Bree declared. She stormed out of the room and down the hall, leaving me with no choice but to follow her.

We found Monet in the lounge, reading a novel while sipping on a diet coke. She smiles at Bree and glares at me. What did I do? She looks at me like I put pickle relish in her bra or something.

"What do you want?" she sighed.

"We just came to ask of few questions." Brianne said smoothly.

"If this is about last night," she says smirking and giving me a pointed look, "don't worry. Niall has no interest in me and it's all because of you."

"What are you talking about?" I grumble and roll my eyes, "That date-" I cut myself off, "I mean dinner, was just an apology."

"You may think that, but in Niall's eyes it WAS a date. And before you came to this school, Niall was takeing ME to dinner. But you just had to waltz in a destroy that didn't you?"

"I didn't-" she cut me off

"I have known that boy since pre-school and nothing will stand in my way of getting him!" she continues, "Especially....YOU." she spat and walked away.

~*~

"And Niall finds that attractive?" Bree asks as we walk into our room.

"I find what attractive?" Niall says from his spot on the couch.

What is he doing here? How did he get in out room? And why am I not saying this out loud?

"What are you doing here? I ask, walking over and blocking his view of the t.v.

"I asked you first love." he replies calmly.

I hear the door close and find that Brianne is no where is sight. "Well some friend she is ditching me to deal with this." I think to myself and roll my eyes.

"What do I find attractive?" he presses. He stands up and grabs hold of my arms, pulling me onto the couch. I find myself sitting on his lap.

"I find you attractive." he whispers into my ear, "and your hair, and your eyes," he murmurs while running his fingers along each part in names. Then he leans in closer so that he's just inches away. "Did I mention your lips?" he whispers and I can taste his warm breath, so inviting and loving.

His lips graze mine and then fully connect. I push him away, "Monet!" I yelp and jump up off the couch.

"What?" Niall asked a look of confusion playing across his face.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, "Monet, your attracted to Monet." I stammer.

"No, no i'm not, she's just a friend. I've known her all my life but she's just a friend and that's all she'll ever be." he promises.

Tears unwillingly formed in my eyes and I looked away. He makes it so hard to stay mad at him. I settled onto my bed and placed my head on my pillow. A sob escaped my mouth and he came over and sat on the bed beside me. I reached up and pulled him in to hug.

He didn't resist and lied down beside me, wrapping his arms around me. I snuggled into his chest and rested my head on his arm. He gently kissed my forehead and trailed his lips down my face until there hovered over mine.

"I love you." he whispered. I opened my eyes and stared at him for a second. I believed him but I couldn't say those three words. They just wouldn't form properly in my mouth. I sighed and pressed my lips against his. This was all wrong, kissing him was wrong, yet it felt so right.