CHAPTER 16

THALIA'S POV

Bard's son, Bain, met us halfway and warned us that their house was being watched. Bard thought for second, then he pushed me into Bain's arms.

"Get her to the house. Keep her safe." Bard ordered, and Bain took my hand. "Follow me." he said, and led the way. When we got there, Bard was already there.

"Where are they?" I asked immediately. Bard held up his hands. "Bain, go get them." Bain left me with his two sisters.

I didn't see what happened or how the company made it inside, but I don't think I wanted to know. Bilbo and the dwarves came in soaking wet.

I helped the sisters, Ingrid and Tilda, gather blankets and robes for the freezing group. I covered Bilbo with one and rubbed his shoulders. "Warm?" I asked, rubbing his cheeks and ruffling his curly hair with towels. He nodded, but he was still shivering like crazy.

"Frodo, huh?" he grinned. I smiled. "Yeah, I've always liked that name." Then, sitting next to him, I began to warm his hands in mine. "I actually planned to name my child if I ever had any." Bilbo just smile. "Well, It's a good name." There was silence for awhile.

I stood up and bowed a little before walking away. I moved on to the other dwarves and pasted Thorin, who had a scared look on his face as he stared out the window. I touched his shoulder and he turned to look at me. I held up a blanket to him. "Are you ok, Thorin." I asked, and I gave him a worried look.

Thorin smiled, and patted my head. Then, accepting the blanket, he said, "I'm fine. You need not to worry about me." I knew he was lying.

Bard came back with the promised weapons, but the dwarves rejected them when the weapons turned out to be old harpoons and weak hammers and tools. I gripped the elven bow I had salvage, but it was useless with my empty quiver.

"You must wait after dark." Bard grumbled. But the dwarves didn't wait. The moment Bard left the house, the dwarves made their way to the armory.

"This is a bad idea." I whispered. Only Bilbo heard me, and he nodded in agreement. "I still have my sword; there's no point for me to go." I gave him a look. "What?" he joked. "I'm just saying." I pointed and told him with my expression: Go.

He went, and I followed.

Thorin made us hobbits search the area for guards and give the signal for clearance. After sneaking into the armory, the dwarves loaded up as much weapons they each could carry.

They each made their way down the stairs. But when It was Kili's turn, he tripped and tumbled down the steps. The weapons he carried crashed down as well, which alerted the guards.

We were caught.

The company was arrested and we were led to the Master's house. When the big man approached out his dorm, it was obvious he was drunk. He stumbled across the porch and I suddenly had a urge to throw something at him.

"Enemies of the State, aye?" he croaked. His lackie, Alfrid, smirked. "Couple of missionaries if there was any, sire." he spitted. I wanted to throw something at him for sure. Punch him while I'm at it.

Kili was getting weaker, and I supported him by letting him lean on me. His breathing was steady but was slow. Even though I should've been listening to Thorin speaking to the crowd about a prophecy and the quest, I was more worried for Kili's life.

Bard was against the idea of Thorin and the rest of the company going to the Lonely Mountain, but The Master decided to help us anyway. Probably because Thorin mentioned gold.

The next day, We were heading to Erebor.