CHAPTER 5

BILBO'S POV

Great.

Just great.

Here I am, stuck in a bag like a sack of potatoes. I was leaned up against Balin's feet and was watching as the other 8 dwarves were being rotated over the large.

I started to think. Come on, Bilbo, I motivated myself. You got to think. Suddenly, I got an idea that would stall time.

THALIA'S POV

Just as I was reaching the bow, I spotted Bilbo hopping up and facing the trolls who were arguing each other. I couldn't hear everything that he was saying, and only caught a few words like "seasoning" and "parasites".

I gripped the bow's handle and twiddle the arrow between my fingers. Then, tiptoeing through the trees, I made it to where I could get a perfect shot of the troll's eye. I figured since cutting their skin won't help, I'll shoot their eyes and make them blind.

As the troll reached to grab Bilbo, I launched myself out the trees and notched my arrow. "Hey!" I yelled and all the dwarves and Bilbo stared at me. "Don't you dare touch him!" I pulled back the arrow and aimed.

BILBO'S POV

Thalia broke through the woods with fire in her eyes. She obviously knew how to use the arrow, and the troll knew that, too, for he flinched when she took aim.

"Thalia!" I called. Her and my eyes met. Then, she smiled and then shot her arrow.

THALIA'S POV

When Bilbo called my name, it gave me strength by making me think that he remembers me. I shot the arrow with confidence.

And I nailed the ugly beast right in the right eye. The troll roared in pain and ripped the arrow out. His eye was closed with blood oozing out. "Why you little-" He began to reach for me and for some reason, I froze.

BILBO'S POV

"Thalia! Run!" I yelled, as the troll got closer. I tried to run, but ended up tripping and falling on my stomach. "Run!" I yelled.

Suddenly, a big blast happen and sunlight poured through the trees as a large boulder split in two. The trolls cringed and groaned as they all turned to stone.

The dwarves cheered as Gandalf stepped down from the split boulder. Thalia unfroze and ran over to start untying Thorin and the others from their sacks.

After she untied Kili, both him and Thorin patted her on the head. "Nice shot." Thorin said, and left to speak to Gandalf. Kili smiled and laughed. "Yeah no kidding. Where did you learn to shoot like that?" She shrugged.

"Just my father. He taught me." She replied like it was normal. But I thought to myself, who in the Shire can shoot an accurate arrow?

Thalia made her way to me and began untying the knots right at my neck. She was so close that I could smell cinnamon coming from her long curls. "Thank you for saving me." she said, not meeting my gaze and focusing on the knot. "Right, well, thank you for saving me." I said right back. She raised her head and our eyes met. Her eyes were very stunning: a rich caramel-color with a swirl of dark brown. They had light in them.

She finished untying and helped me out of the sack. "Come on, let's follow the others." We made our way where Thorin, Gandalf, and the company were trudging through the bushes to a cave.

I watched her move with swiftness. She swayed when she walked, like a child. A playful grin was glued to her face, and her curls bounced as she pranced pass thickets.

Something inside suddenly awoke and I saw something from my past. I shook my head to concentrate. Then, looking at the back at her, I thought I'd remembered a certain childhood memory I thought I would never forget.

Thalia.