Chapter 11

No one's P.O.V.

'Okay, I can do this. I CAN do this,' He kept telling himself. Today was the day he was going to ask (Y/N) to marry him. They had been dating for over a year now, and (Y/N) had fully recovered from being injured. Ally had been placed in jail for aggravated battery and assault, and the Smosh community was supportive of their relationship. She was the love of his life, and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He asked Courtney, Olivia, and Mari if they could distract her while he, Ian, and Shayne worked on setting up the date. Damien was planning on having their date at the mountainside where they had their first date. He wanted it to be special since (Y/N) deserved everything in the world.

"Okay, is everything set up?" Shayne asked.

"I think so. Damien, have you picked out a ring yet?" Ian questioned.

"Crap. I completely forgot!" He put his head in his hands.

Ian came up behind him and patted him on the back, "Hey, it's fine. Just send me a picture of the ring you want to get her, and I'll go buy it. You still have the Venmo me money back, though."

Damien's face lit up, "Really? Thanks, man. That means so much."

Ian laughed, "It's no problem. I'll do anything if it means my favorite ship gets to sail," He raised and lowered his eyebrows quickly.

Shayne and Ian ran off to go get the ring while Damien waited for the love of his life to finally come to him.

Your P.O.V.

It was a normal day at work: recording videos and podcasts, talking with the girls, and watching Keith and Noah fight. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, except for the way Courtney, Mari, and Olivia were acting. You shrugged and walked over to them so you could talk.

"Hey, girls," You smiled, "What's up?"

"N-nothing!" Courtney screamed, before clearing her throat. 'Huh. Odd.'

"Okay then... do you want to do anything?" You asked.

"We could go record another video," Mari suggested.

You pondered for a second, "That's a good idea. What kind?"

Olivia piped in, "How about a Try Not To Laugh challenge?"

"Perfect! I'll meet you guys in the recording room."

You turned around and sighed. You couldn't wait for this workday to be OVER.

—————————

Finally! It was time to go home. You just wanted to sit on the couch with Damien, and pet Zelda and Freyja while watching a movie. You got in your car and took the short drive to your apartment. When you closed your car door and walked over to the front door, you saw a sticky note. You squinted at it and ripped it off of the door. It said, 'Come meet me at the park where we had our first date. - Damien.' You smiled, knowing that your boyfriend had made a surprise date for you. You walked to your bedroom and put on the same dress you had worn that day. You put on some makeup, but not too much since you'll be outdoors. As you were walking out of the door, a strong floral smell hit your nose. You turned around and saw a bouquet of (Y/F/F) [Your favorite flowers] sitting on your kitchen countertop. Beside the flowers laid another note. It read, 'I want you to know how much I love you and how much you mean to me.'

You smiled and said, "Ugh, how are you THIS perfect?"

You shook your head and drove to the park. You hopped out of the car and walked over to the playground. You saw another sticky note and a huge teddy bear. 'You mean the world to me, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.' You gasped, and you looked at the teddy bear. You laughed and chucked the bear over your shoulder, walking the long trek towards the mountainside view. After walking up the hill, you were met with a gorgeous sunset and a picnic, just like last time. Except, on the ground was another sticky note.

You read it out loud, "'I guess what I'm trying to say is...?'"

You felt a tap on your shoulder, and you turned around to see Damien in a tuxedo, kneeling on one knee, "Will you marry me?"

You dropped the teddy bear and you put your hands on your face. You started to nod, "Yes, yes, a million times yes!"

He sighed in relief, and he put the ring on your finger. He stood up and wrapped you in a hug, "That's a relief. I didn't want to have all this stuff to go to waste."

You started to laugh happy tears, "Oh my gosh!"

You both stood there hugging each other for what felt like an eternity until the whole Smosh crew stood up and yelled, "Congratulations!"

"Were you all spying on us?!" You yelled.

"Yeah, we got it on live stream, too!" Ian yelled back.

You shook your head and laughed for what felt like the hundredth time. You were just so happy. You could finally spend the rest of your life with the man you loved. 

871 Words