Chapter 5

After several weeks of working at Smosh, you've grown accustomed to being in front of a camera all the time. You, Courtney, Olivia, and Mari became best friends, and you all hung out with each other after work hours. You got along with all the Smosh members really well; however, it seems that Damien hasn't been around lately. Every time you're in the same room as him, he makes a lame excuse and leaves as soon as possible. You've been very curious of why he doesn't want to be around you. 'Does he not like me? Did I upset him somehow?' You thought to yourself. Enough was enough; you were going to ask the other Smosh members what they thought was going on. If they didn't provide a good enough explanation, you were going to ask him yourself.

You walked up to Courtney and Olivia and said, "Hey guys, I wanted to ask you a question."

Courtney piped up first, "Yeah? What is it?"

"Yeah, what do you want to ask?" Olivia started to scratch the back of her neck.

You quirked an eyebrow and asked, "I was wondering if you knew why Damien has been avoiding me? I mean, we've hardly even talked at all since I started working here."

Courtney and Olivia exchanged glances, and Olivia quickly replied, "Nope! I didn't even notice that he hasn't been around, ha ha..."

Courtney started to nod extremely fast. 'How is that humanly possible?' You thought to yourself.

"Okay then... thanks anyway." You say, trying not to show that you know that they're lying.

As you're walking away from them to find Shayne, you hear Courtney and Olivia let out sighs of relief. You shake your head, sad that your own friends won't tell you the truth. While you're looking for Shayne, you see Damien walking towards the Smosh Games room, and you try to catch up to him.

"Hey! Damien, can I please talk to you for a second?!" You yell at him.

He turns around franticly, and he immediately says, "Sorry, I'm about to flim for a video, and I need to hurry and get dressed!" He ran into the room and locked the door behind him.

You sigh out of frustration. You really didn't understand why he wouldn't talk to you. You haven't been rude to him, and you haven't done anything to offend him, you think. You decide to look for Ian so you can ask him where Shayne is. While you were walking to Ian's office, coincidentally, you find Shayne talking to Lasercorn.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt you guys, but I need to ask Shayne something." You say as they both look at you. Lasercorn nods at you, and he says he'll catch up with Shayne later.

"So... what did you want to ask me?" Shayne cocked his head, making some of his dirty blonde hair fall in front of his eyes.

"I was wanting to know if you knew what is up with Damien?" You ask desperately for an answer.

"What do you mean 'what is up' with Damien? He's acted pretty normal to me," Shayne asked with a confused look on his face.

"You know, how he's completely ignoring and avoiding me all the time?" You look at Shayne with annoyed eyes.

Shayne started to look extremely guilty, "Oh... that. Well, I can answer that for you. Do you want to know?"

You immediately screamed, "YES!"

"Okay then. Well, my dear friend, nothing is wrong with Damien. The truth is simply that he likes you." Shayne said with a posh British accent as he stroked his imaginary mustache.

You started to blush, "Wait, by 'like' you mean he has a crush on me?"

"Yup, that's why he's been avoiding you. He hasn't felt this way in a LONG time, and he doesn't want to embarrass himself in front of you. So, my advice to you is to just talk to him about it, and ask him to be honest with himself," He paused to take a breath, "If you want, I can give him a pep talk, so he's less likely to run off. You might have to corner him."

You smiled and wrapped your arms around Shayne, "Thank you so much for being honest with me. It took me two people before I got the answer out."

He laughed, "Anytime, (Y/N). Anytime."

730 Words