Chapter 18

Two weeks later

Alizeh

I feel him staring at me as I take deep internal breaths. The coach is shouting at me to slow down, thinking I would exhaust myself.

When I start running, I forget to stop myself. When I was 13, I ran about 20 miles and was almost going to lose my legs if my caretaker Ms Khan hadn't taken me to the hospital.

"Are you out of your mind, Alizeh?" The coach asks me. I am annoyed, hungry and in a pissy mood. Usually runs make me feel better but not when I feel his eyes every step I take.

I haven't talked to him since the day I told him about his uncle. The news of his "suicide"spread all across the country as I itched to murder Zohravar instead.

It was my revenge. Why was he trying to be my knight in shining armour. He wants something from me. He always does. And I always get the shorter end in the bargain.

Ace wasn't my crush. He was the very thing that would end up crushing me if I am not careful. When he takes my decisions, it is always easier to accept them as reality.

But now I just give him my silence. The most loaded sound in human history.
It was time someone made him realise, life wasn't a game of chess. It was a game of jenga. He can't rise without me.

I have had enough. I go to Isaac and see him staring at Zo with a unshakeable lust. I still. What the fuck, I knew he was gay but Zo? Isaac looks at me nervously and I say "Remember the date, you were talking about? Let's go."
"Thanks I will call my boyfriend and tell him to get a double date for you!!!"
He walks away as I stare at him strangely. A guy comes and puts a hand on his shoulder as Isaac flinches. Dread envelopes me as I look at him walk away. I hear his steps in my memories. I remember his voice too.
I follow Isaac to see where he is going even though I already have an inkling.
But not before I look back to see Ace as he watches me back. He knows.

I get ready for my date. Nothing too extra just jeans and a crop top. I don't put makeup. I hate  makeup. I quickly get of my house so he that he doesn't see me.
"Where are you going?"

Zohravar

"Away from you."

"Where the fuck are you going?"

"On a date. With a friend. It's none of your fucking business"

I smile.
"If you think you can give me trouble, think again. I invented trouble. I stir it. Mix it. I fucking fix it. Don't test my patience because you will realise I have got absolutely none."

She comes dangerously close to me. I itch to touch my lips with hers.

"You can't handle a little competition in this game, Ace?"

"This game has been invented by me. I am the owner. The player. The winner. And I will take the goddamn trophy home"

"The pigs called, they wanted their chauvinism back." She says as she looks at me in disbelief, rolling her eyes.

I pick her up and put her on my shoulder. I spank her as she screams for help. I quickly shove her in the car.

"Where were you going?"

"Are you going to drop me there?"
I would drop her friend. Down a cliff. Accidentally.

I nod. "I think it's time the trophy realises it only wants one player to win."

She snorts.
A liar knows he is a liar. But the one who speaks mere portions in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.
I am a hunter. A manipulator. By birth.

"I was going to the mall"
How impressive. Not.
I drag her to the coffee shop where all her "friends" are waiting. Three boys. Wow.

She has become more rebellious than I thought. I make sure they see her and I push her towards the table, kissing her so hard her body melts into mine. She tries pushing me away as the crockery falls.

But I kiss her deep and bruising. Possessive. Dominant. Just the way she likes it. She kisses me back. Shamelessly.
I almost push my hands under her shirt. But I remind myself. No one can see what's mine. Not even a brief silhouette of it.

She comes up for air. Looking at me with her pupils dilated. Fuck so beautiful. No one should see her like this.
Everyone in the shop stares at us. Wordlessly.

"I am sorry my wife just told me she was pregnant" I say.

Not that I care what people think. I just wanted to see her reaction. It's worth it. She is shaking with anger and maybe a little bit of frustration.
I quickly push her into the loo, telling her to fix herself.

I go back to her "friend."

He looks scared. They all do. I smile at him and he smiles back. First mistake.

I pat his shoulder. "Next time I see you in her vicinity or breathing close to 10
miles near her, I will ship your entire generation to a completely new country where I promise you, you won't even find an inch of that cheap perfume you are wearing."
"You will leave this place. Focus on your own shit and never ask about her again. Or else." I smile again. This time he doesn't smile back. He just nods. I think he peed his pants.

I potentially deprived him of finding love, going out on dates with any girl in this world or even talking anytime soon.
Because. I. Was. Jealous.
I am not proud of it. But do I care? No. 
I look at Isaac. He is gay but he still gets the memo. Isaac looks at me with blatant want. I wish I could poke his eyes out with a compass. I hate that he is close to her. And the worst fact is, I think she remembers him.

Alizeh comes out of the washroom. Cleaner. As I quickly want to dirty her up.
Every single guy stares at her with their jaws wide open.
"Congratulations on your pregnancy." Isaac's boyfriend says and I make a mental note to torture Isaac 0.1 percent less.

Alizeh's friend stares at her, arching an eyebrow and asks "Is he always this aggressive?"
Do you want me to leave you alone with this asshole or call the FBI?

Alizeh laughs her sugary sweet laugh that makes my toes curl.
"We are gonna be leaving."she says taking my hand and pulling me out.