Chapter 13

We sit in the cafeteria with our food as I try to ignore her scent.

I try not to look at her but she's like the sun. I see her even without looking. I know she feels my gaze as she tightens her fingers inside her hands. It's the worst fucking habit ever. She usually ends up drawing crescent shaped blood. Last time she did it, I made her do it to me as a punishment.
She enjoyed it. But not when my blood was drawn out. She puked as soon as she saw my blood.

She could be a serial killer with the amount of blood she has seen in her life. But not mine. She can't handle mine.
I hate that she is weak. Because it makes me weak.
But I love that's it's only for me.
It also makes it easier to win.
I am hoping to use all her weaknesses against her even if it's me.

I see her sitting next to Rohan as all the muscles in my body tighten. But he does care a lot about his neck, so he checks her out for exactly two seconds and gets up so fast that he almost fell flat on his ass.
Good.

Alizeh looks unbothered, rolling her eyes muttering "Coward."
I can read her lips even when I am sleeping. I can read anyone's lips because of the amount of round table "meetings" I have attended in my life. But her lips? I can write a fucking thesis on them.

I hate that she can ignore me when I can't.
She gets up to leave as I stand up too.
I know she is walking slowly. To let me catch up to her. Tell her everything that is going down in my life. Talk to her like she is my bestie on a sleepover. Fuck no.

She slowers her pace even further as she senses Raina approach me. Her senses are strong. Because of me. I am so fucking proud of her.

"Hey Zo, can I talk to you for a minute?" Raina asks me.
I have no interest in listening to her bullshit excuses just to have a conversation with me. I know the cycle ends with me, not so subtly turning her down. Her running away, crying.

But I say "Sure let's talk privately" as she widens her teeth enough to blind the entire room. I would tell her that she has lipstick stains on her teeth but that would require me to care.
My plan works. My little mouse stops and stares at me as I smile brightly at Raina.

Alizeh

He is smiling at her.
They turn around and go to the abandoned staircase as my pulse drops. I know why he is doing this but I am scared what he will do together if I don't follow them. I hide behind the door like the mouse he thinks I am.

"I-I just wanted your help in m-maths" Raina says making me tighten my fists.
The bastard smiles at her, pats her shoulder, as I bite my lip deep enough to draw blood, wishing it was his instead.

He doesn't answer her though but tells her to go to class. He follows behind her as I get ready to sneak out. I am out of the door as I take a deep breath.

Suddenly two arms come right around my waist, tugging me into a rock solid body. His cologne assaults my nose as he pushes me against the wall.

He opens my pony, putting both of his hands in my hair and sucks on the skin near my collarbone. I try pushing him away which only ends up with my legs trapped between his thigh.
"My little star likes spying on me" he says like it's the most amusing thing in the world.
Who does he think he is.
"Why did you do that? Do you think I am a pawn in your game? Puppeting around however you want me to." I shout angrily.

He just runs his nose on my cheek, ignoring me. I push him away.
"If you don't tell me what you were doing there right now, I will never speak to you again." I shout. He knows which "there" I was talking about.

He laughs and throws me against the wall as my elbows hit it. Now I am fucking pissed. He chokes me letting his anger getting the best of him. It always comes before me.
"Are you threatening me, Star?"
"It's a promise Ace"
"I built you Star. You are only alive because you can fight back when I start the fight. And only because I let you."
"I will stop living. I will become like a shell. What do they call me? Ice Princess. But I will be your slave baby. I will do whatever you want me to without a fight. I promise. I will be ready to kneel when-" I say tauntingly before he cuts me off.
He pushes my chest, his eyes dangerously glinting. "Shut the fuck up." he roars, he kisses me as I clench my fists to not kiss him back. I think about the day I walked in on my mom having sex with the plumber as I stand there as a statue. He bites my lips and I open them. Without a fight. But I don't kiss him back.
He pulls away and hides both of his hands in my hair.

"See I promised to be good baby" I say as I look at his chest. Not in his eyes. Never in his eyes. He breathes on my fight. He can't live without it either.

" I go to the club to release some stress" he says.
"The fights help me relax. It's nothing else."
I look at him as he stares at me.

He gives me his lies and for him, I just close my eyes.