Chapter 33

Zohravar

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.

I call up my dad asking him to meet me and Alizeh. I make it sound like I desperately need his help so that he loses his guard, the shrewd businessman he is.

He laughs and the sound passes me like a punch in my gut.

He comes prepared alongside Star's dad and his lawyer.

We don't bother greeting them as Star looks at my dad and says "Do you know the guy who you think is your loyal dog, actually fucked your wife and your girlfriend together?"

Her father's face flushes red and I can feel him question why he let ever her live.

"You can leave" Star's dad says to the lawyer. Star smirks at me and sits down moving her hand forward to both the idiots. None of them take it, looking at it as if it is the cause of cancer in this world.

"Get straight to the point" my dad commands. Patience old man.

"You killed mom." I say as a matter of fact.

He shakes his head nonchalantly and says "You are boring me." There isn't an inch of guilt in his eyes.

"I have proof."

"Do you, now?" he asks.

I smirk at him, "It was all fun and games till now, daddy. I always wondered who owned the apartment we were kept in, six years ago. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was you?"

His smile doesn't falter. "I will kill you."

"That's exactly what your brother said when I drowned him in the same tub where you both fucked my mother." I whisper.

Game. Set. Goal.

Star lets out a dramatic gasp as both our dads look like they need to be electrocuted and brought back to life.

"You killed him." Star's dad splutters while mine just stares at me.

"Why?" he asks.

"It's called justice, sir" Star taunts.

My dad tightens his knuckles.

I come forward and whisper " We killed every single one of the men that were present in the room with us that day."

"For whom? For your mom? She was the one who kept you locked in that room because I told her I didn't want you anymore." My dad says.

"Why did they take me then?" Star asks.

"You were a liability, you had seen Zohravar been taken away." he smirked.

"My life was ruined because of a coincidence?" She egged on.

"Your life was ruined and your fate was sealed the moment you both met each other." My dad says.

"We let the men do things to the both of you because it would bring you closer. The closer you are, the more would you be a disadvantage to the other." Her dad says, Star's hand trembles under the table.

"It will be a remainder to the both of you to never cross me again, one that is going to burden your soul till you both die." My dad says as he ruffles my hair.

I don't respond because I have nothing to say. I know for a fact that no matter what happens we both will always be scared of our dads. Me and Star were planned. We weren't a fate against destiny, we were destiny. The only thing I knew all my life was a lie.

"And to answer your previous statement, they always say, kill your darlings" he says, winking at me.

Star looks at me and smirks.

"Well, tough luck, I hope you have a great time explaining this to the police."

"You both aren't stupid enough to record this conversations, it illegal and will never be accepted in court." Star's dad taunts.

"But it can be shown to Sia's dad." Star whispers.

"What will happen when he gets to know the sole heir of his inheritance killed his own daughter?" I continue.

Star makes a show of thinking and then says "Safe to say, you wouldn't be getting a penny from his empire." My dad gets up.

"Uh-huh before you spit some shit, I have sent this to approximately ten trustworthy people out which you have a mere chance of manipulating three." I say, my dad's eyes turning red, his face contorts with anger.

"I don't want his money." He finally says.

"Oh? What about the loan documents waiting for you at your office? Are you going to sign them because I believe there are rumours you have no collateral to show, daddy. Mr Rathore, you have neither any credibility left in the market nor any under your pants."

They both just stare at me trying to intimidate me. My gaze doesn't falter.

"What do you want?" he asks.

"Nothing from you, daddy. I want mom's entire inheritance in my name."

He laughs. "I think my answer would be fuck no."

"You are one click away from being destroyed." Star says.

He tilts his head at her.

"If you plan to abduct or kill us, the video would be posted by some of our people on their own, if we don't reply within two hours." she continues.

That's a bullshit lie.

"Okay" he says.

"I want every single one of the property under her name and don't think I don't know about the secret ones in Mauritius and Abu Dhabi. The legal and the illegal ones. I want every last crystal of her jewellery and yes I would personally count every piece. All her expensive clothes, shoes and designer bags. I want to fuck you where it hurts like a bitch, dad." I mock.

"You need to give him at least half" Star's dad says, horrified.

"Not even the fruit bowl on the kitchen counter. Sans fruit," I confirm, nodding. "We should do this more often, dad. Spend time together. Dine. Share a nice wine. I had a lot of fun tonight."

"There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others." Star's dad was quoting the Bible now.

"Nice touch. I distinctly remembered Thou shalt not kill somewhere in there, too." Star comments.

I laugh. Almost. Star is incorrigible.

"I am giving you two days, dad. Think about it, cry about it, kill yourself, I give zero fucks. I want an answer as soon as 48 hours end. Have a good night." I say and we both walk out with holes digging into in our backs.

"Thank god." Star whispers.

"Were you scared, baby?" I ask, losing my fingers in her hair.

"No, asshole, I just wasn't able to record the conversation" she finally says.

I stop and stare at her murderously.

"What the fuck do you mean?"

"My phone's battery is dead" she whispers.

"Why the fuck didn't you ask for mine?" I ask her.

"Obviously because I couldn't bring their attention to the fact that we were going to record everything." she hushes, nudging me.

"You idiot, you literally had one job." I ridicule.

She jumps on my back, her arms choking my neck. "You could have done it yourself."

I ignore her.

"Fuck, what the hell will we do?" I ask.

"Play along, it's not like they would ask for it." She says and starts giggling.

It's so ridiculous that I can't stop myself from laughing as well.

Tucking her legs safely under my arms we both walk on the street, looking like a bunch of maniacs. But maniacs who have won.