Preference #74: Elastic Heart Song Preference

(YES YES I AM BACK! I missed you guys. How have you been? I know it has been a long time, and I don't even know if people still read preferences, but hey, I am going to write them anyway and hope some people still read them! If this gets more reads, then I will definitely write more of them in the next up coming weeks when I can! Also, let me know if you still want me to add Zayn into these. I am not sure how this exactly works now that...well, you know...yeah. ANYWAY, I am so happy to be back and keep in mind that 1.) I haven't really been in the fandom since midnight memories first came out, so I know a lot has changed, and if you think that I am getting something wrong, please POLITELY let me know in the comments! 2.) I am in college now, so please know that I am going to be very busy, especially with finals going on right now. Thank you all again for all of your support. I literally started crying when I went through all of your amazing comments. I really hope you are all still here!)

"And another one bites the dust
But why can I not conquer love?
I might have thought that we were one
Why not fight this war without weapons? " 

Harry: You were always unlucky with love, but it was never your fault exactly. You didn't want to get hurt, so you never let anyone get close to you. Harry on the other hand kept pushing and pushing. He wanted to be closer to you, and he wanted to be there for you, but you refused to let him in. Even having him meet your parents was pushing it to a level that you just weren't ready for, but Harry wasn't accepting it. One night the two of you got into an argument, and it was heating up fast. As you were leaving his apartment in tears, you just thought to yourself, "why can I not conquer love?"

"Well, I've got thick skin and an elastic heart,
But your blade - it might be too sharp"

Liam: You kept thinking that if Liam ever broke your heart, then you would 100% be ready for it. You would leave this relationship with no broken parts because you were stronger than this. Still, when all was said and done, that strength that you thought you had maybe lasted a day or two. Once you realized that it was all over, you lost it. He was so good to you, and you thought that you were being so good to him, so why did it end? Why was the magic gone? You had never felt so heartbroken in your life, so why was he so different? What was it about him that made you fall apart?

"I'll walk through fire to save my life
And I want it, I want my life so bad
I'm doing everything I can"

Niall: You and Niall had broken up a few weeks back, and you were crumbling without him. He was your rock through it all, and no matter what was bothering you, he was there to make it better. Now though, he was out of your life, and now you were struggling even with the weight of living. It was as if everything around you was crashing in on you all at once, and all you wanted was him. It was becoming unbearable. You had considered talking to him, even if it only lasted ten minutes at most. You knew that just haring his voice would at least make it a bit better, but every time you picked up the phone, it was like there was something stopping you from dialing.

"But you won't see me fall apart
'Cause I've got an elastic heart"

Louis: You were always a very independent person in the sense that you didn't rely on others for support. When Louis came into your life, it was wonderful, but you always reminded yourself that you didn't need him. He was simply an addition to your life. You didn't need others to make you happy or keep you floating. All you needed was yourself. Still, this wasn't always the best thing in the world. He wanted to support you and care for you, but because you were so independent, you took that as you becoming dependent on someone, and that was a no no. When it was over between the two of you, you felt it. It was one of the few times that you actually felt what heartbreak felt like, but you knew that you couldn't let anyone, especially Louis, see that. No one would ever see you fall apart.