Preference #35: Song Preference~Nothing by The Script

(A/N- if you have not heard this song dear god go listen to it! I am a huge fan of The Script and I personally think that they are an amazing group, so go show them some love and listen to the song Nothing by them while reading this! Also, all of this is in his P.O.V!!!!)

Am I better off dead?

Am I better off a quitter?

They say I'm better off now

than I ever was with her.

As they take me to my local down the street

I'm smiling but I'm dying,

trying not to drag my feet

Zayn (Part 1): I was trying so hard to move on, seeing as (Y/N) had too. Pictures were everywhere of (Y/N) and her new boyfriend Dean. They were on all the magazines, all over twitter, and on ever single corner, I swear she was everywhere I looked. She was just there. I see her on every corner of every single street. The boys all think I'm going crazy or something, and maybe I am. Even when I see (Y/N) across the street, she would disappear with the blink of an eye. Tonight, Louis decided it was time to get me out of the break up rut, and take me out for a few drinks. After about an hour of Louis begging me, I finally said yes, and threw on a smile when meeting up with the other boys, even though on the inside, I was breaking. Maybe this will be good for me. I thought. Maybe it's high time I quit wishing for (Y/N) to come back. I walked into the bar, and Louis ordered a round of shots for the boys and I. I held the glass in my hand and stared at it for a long while. "Here's to you (Y/N)." I muttered to myself as I tilted my head back and swallowed the alcohol. I was already starting to feel a little better.

They say a few drinks

will help me to forget her,

but after one too many,

I know that I'll never

Only they can see where this is gonna end

They all think I'm crazy

But to me it's perfect sense

Niall (Part 1): I threw my head back, taking yet another shot, but I didn't care. Not like anyone was there to stop me...or tell me to stop...like (Y/N) did. I just didn't get it. Everything was perfect for one single moment and then the next thing I know she is out of my life forever. I know that Zayn was only trying to help me by taking me out to the bar, thinking that drinking would help me forget, but nothing could erase her from my mind. (Y/N) was my angel. I could never just forget her. "Niall, are you feeling any better?" Zayn asked me and I just shook my head no, biting my lip, trying to fight back tears. I missed her...I missed her more than I have ever missed anyone else in my entire life. Zayn let out a sigh, then continues to talk. "Look, Ni, I know you loved her, but she's not coming back. She's been gone for two weeks. If she were coming back, she would've called or something. It's not like you can just walk up to her door and ask for her back." He told me, and his words made me think. What if I could? Maybe if she saw me, she would realize this was all a big mistake! Without a word, I got up and rushed out the door, in the direction of (Y/N)'s house. My vision was blurry, and I could tell that maybe I had a few more drinks than I should have, but I didn't care. I was getting (Y/N) back.

And my mates are all there

trying to calm me down

'cause I'm shouting your name all over the town