Chapter 1

"(Y/N)! What's up?!" (F/N) [Friend's Name] asks.

You were packing your bags to head off to L.A. for a new job opportunity. You had been preparing for this your entire life; as soon as you graduated high school you knew you wanted to leave the boring town of (H/T) [Home Town].

"Oh, hey (F/N)! I'm just packing up to move to L.A.. Do you want to come hang out before I leave?"

You hear her/him scoff on the other side of the phone, "Of course, girl! You know how I LOVE to spend time with you!"

Just a few minutes later, you hear your door being knocked on and being slammed open. The next thing you see is (F/N) smothering you into her/his arms. The two of you talk for while and finally get to work on packing the rest of your
belongings. You didn't have much to pack considering you live in a tiny apartment on the suburbs of (H/T). After several minutes of convincing, you get (F/N) to leave, and you can sleep knowing that you're prepared to leave in the morning.

—————————

You wake up to the sun shining through the shades in your bedroom. You get up and put on a (F/C) [Favorite Color] crop top and some black leggings; you cook some breakfast and watch some T.V.. Your alarm to leave to the airport goes off, and you grab your suitcases and call an Uber. You arrive to the airport and go to the boarding area for your plane. You have a couple hours till you have to board so you go over to the nearby Starbucks and order your favorite drink and pastry; you sit down at the boarding area and listen to some music. A few minutes later, the plane is ready to be boarded, and your boarding class is called. You get on the plane and see that you're stuck in the middle seat in between a mother with a baby and an older man. You watch as you take off. 'I wonder what it'll be like when I get to L.A.? Will people there like me?' You think to yourself as you look at the puffy clouds outside the window. You decide to watch a movie to pass the time quicker, and in the middle of the movie you fall asleep.

~Dream~

You dream of walking down the streets of L.A., sight seeing everything around you. You weren't looking where you were going and bump into someone who's face is familiar, but you couldn't tell who it was because their face was blurred.

~End of Dream~

You wake up to the woman beside you tapping your shoulder telling you that we were about to land.

"Please buckle your seatbelts and prepare for landing," Says the pilot on the intercom.

A few minutes later, you were on the busy streets of L.A., and you couldn't wait to go to your job interview. You were a popular YouTuber and had over 5 million subscribers. Your goal was to entertain people around the world and make an impact on others. A YouTube channel called Smosh (which is your all time favorite channel) noticed your potential and emailed you about a job interview.

~Flashback~

You were on your computer uploading a new comedy video when your phone buzzes. You check the notification and it was an email. You opened your phone and examined the email more closely, and you noticed it was from the Smosh HR!

Dear (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N),

We have taken an interest in your talents, and we would like to have you become apart of the YouTube channel Smosh! Your potential has been recognized in multiple companies, and we would like for you to join the Smosh family. The job interview will be on Monday, and the meeting for you to fill the paperwork and contracts if you accept will be on Tuesday; you will also choose which channel you'll be apart of then as well. You're welcome to hang out at the office at any time if you accept the offer. We hope to see you then!

Ian Hecox and Smosh Human Resources

You quickly answered back and accepted to come to the job interview. You were incredibly excited to meet the Smosh crew, especially the Smosh Squad. Your favorites are Courtney and Shayne (you are a major Shortney shipper). You called (F/N) and told her all about the email. She came over to your house, and you celebrated all night by going out to a bar.

~End of Flashback~

When you were having your flashback of a couple days ago, you didn't notice that you were about to bump into someone. You fell down and scraped your hands and knees on the concrete sidewalk.

"Ow! Oh my gosh, I'm SO sorry! I didn't see you there," You tell the stranger.

"Oh, it's alright. It's not the first time it's happened... are you okay?" A deep voice asks you.

You recognize the voice and look up at the man that you ran into. He had short, wavy brown hair with a royal blue streak through it. His eyes were a dark chocolate brown, and he had a goofy smile. He was wearing a blue frocket shirt with black jeans and white high tops. You quickly realize who it was.

"Damien?"

948 Words

A/N - Hey, guys. I hope you enjoyed my book so far! I'm planning on having around 10-12 chapters, and I'm going to post one chapter per week. Please be patient with me because this the first book I've ever written. Thanks for supporting me and reading!