Chapter 12

"How did I meet you guys, Taehyung? And why didn't you all tell me about this before?"

The fact that they pretended not to know me when I met each of them, broke my heart.

And since it included Jimin as well, I started recalling all the moments I spent with him.

Was it all lie?

That's what my thoughts were all about. But I didn't want to judge any of them before knowing the truth. So, I waited for Taehyung to answer.

"We met for the first time, 7 years ago." He started.

_

- FLASHBACK -

*TAEHYUNG'S POV*

I was running away from the cruelty of our society where people think showing emotions is your weakness.

Bruises were all over my skin as I was getting chased by a few boys of my school for standing up for my friends who were more like my family since they were all I had in my life.

I kept running down the streets, not quite sure of where I was heading until I reached the end of the road.

I stopped to catch my breath and find a way to escape but it was too late. They had already caught up to me.

"You think you can get away that easily?" One of them yelled.

"You should have never offended us. Be more like your friends. Weak and pathetic. That's what suits you." Another one spat.

"They are not weak!!" I tried to defend but a punch landed on my face making me fall straight to the ground.

"What's going on here?" A girly voice echoed from the other side, taking their attention along with mine.

"Oh shit, it's the principal's daughter." One of them whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear.

"Nothing! We're just helping our friend here." He added, now speaking audibly to the girl.

They picked me up from the ground but I backed away immediately after standing. The boys left in few seconds before the pretty girl turned around to leave.

"W-wait...!" I called out and she stopped. "Thanks." I said.

She didn't turn back to look at me, neither did she gave a response. And just like that, she walked away.

I told my friends about the incident and about the girl who saved me. However, they doubted that the girl actually saved me that day since the way she walked away was rude according to them.

Around a month later, I saw her again but this time in her classroom.

I got to know that she rarely gets out of her classroom, except for when a teacher calls her or when school ends, so it has already been a month since I saw her last time when she saved me.

"What are you looking at?" Jimin asked as he approached me.

"That's the girl who saved me that day." I pointed at the girl sitting alone, reading a book.

Jimin's mouth fell open when he saw her and I could say that my best friend got a huge ass crush.

I teased him every now and then but he always denied the fact that he liked her.

Our other friends got to know about this and started teasing him as well. But this thing caused Jimin to get angry whenever we brought the topic of that girl.