Chapter 19

Before entering the building~

In the car~

"There's one more thing." Jimin said making me halt my moments.

I waited for him to continue as he sighed and begun.

"Remember I told you that you didn't marry Hyunwoo and asked you to believe me?"

I slightly nodded, allowing him to go on.

"You are not his wife, Y/n..." He took a deep breath. "You're my wife."

I stared at him for a good 5 seconds and then broke into a fit of laughter.

"How can you joke about such a thing in this situation?" I shook my head, trying to stop myself from laughing until I  looked at him and he didn't seem to be joking.

I immediately stopped and asked, "You are kidding, right?"

"You wanted to get married to me before Hyunwoo could make a move on you." He looked down at his hands that were fiddling with each other as he was explaining. "The day you got into the accident, was the same day we registered our marriage in the books of law. We are lawfully married, Y/n."

My mouth fell ajar as I tried to take it all in. Everything felt so confusing and no less unrealistic.

"You aren't lying again, are you?" I asked him, just in case if it was another of his several lies.

"I would never lie to you about such a thing-" he looked back at me. "I will never lie to you, ever again."

He was being genuine.

How did I know?

Well, it was a kind of a feeling you get from within your heart and you just know that the other person is telling the truth.

And the reality was reflecting in his eyes.

"If you still don't believe me, ask your mom and dad- I mean, my parents... Your in-laws." He dialed a number on his phone and waited for the other person to receive it but in the end, they didn't pick up.

"Why isn't she picking up the call??!" Jimin groaned as he continued trying to call them but nobody picked up from the other side.

"Are you calling your mom?" I asked.

"Yes. She isn't answering." He got stressed. "I bet it has something to do with Hyunwoo."

"Or maybe she left her phone at home and went out... Or possibly her phone is in silent..." I tried to resonate.

"I hope that too." He breathed out but the pressure never left.

"Please, believe me, Y/n." He begged. "I just wanted to keep you away from that jerk. And for that, I had to hide you from your parents as well."

"I don't know what to believe..." I mumbled.

"I just wanted you to be happy... but I messed up." He covered his face with his palms while sighing deeply. "I'm so sorry."

"Let's talk about it later. First, we should go inside the building." He nodded and kept his phone back inside his jacket before taking out a syringe that had a small amount of chemical contained in it.

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked him about it.

"It's a drug that can paralyze any living being for a good amount of time. I'm gonna use it on Hyunwoo if necessary but I will only get a single chance."