Chapter 9

"Who are you, people?"

Seokjin paused his movements before turning his head to me.

"What do you think we are?" He asked back, politely.

"I don't know... Definitely not what you show to the others."

He chuckled, resuming his activities. "You got that right... partially."

"So, if you guys are not just some students and teachers, what do you guys actually do?"

He smiled but then sighed. "I wish I could tell you everything, Y/n. But even if we explain it to you, we'll not get back what we've already lost."

He looked at me again. "Even if we take the risk of telling you, we're afraid to lose what we have left with us." He looked down with a saddened smile.

"It's okay. You don't have to explain everything." I shrugged, walking towards the other side of his figure as I took out the plates from the cabinet before adding, "But you guys aren't gonna hurt me, are you?"

Seokjin laughed. "We can hurt ourselves but will never hurt you, sweetheart."

"Aye~ what's with that nickname?" I laughed as I found it sweet of him to call me by such a nickname.

"What's happening here?" Namjoon walked into the kitchen but then stopped. "Why aren't you wearing any pants?"

I looked at Seokjin as we both broke into laughter seeing Namjoon's flushed but also confused face.

_

The dinner was mostly filled with silence as I noticed that the boys were trying to look everywhere else in the room but me.

Including Jimin, while he is the type of person who would shamelessly stare at others to purposely make them more flustered.

After dinner, I insisted on helping the boys in washing the dishes but they rejected my offer and told me to rest.

Without arguing much, I decided to listen to them and go to my room– well, Jimin's room.

_

*JIMIN'S POV*

Y/n went back to her room and I released a long breath which I didn't know I was holding all along.

Jin hyung told us about the interaction he shared with Y/n earlier which made us a bit worried because we knew, she will find out everything sooner or later.

But our priority was to keep her safe, so we won't be telling her all the things right now.

I honestly don't want to keep lying to her but I don't have any other choice.

This is what I've chosen after all...

"I'm gonna go and have a drink in my room." Yoongi hyung muttered as he stood up from the couch to go to his room.

"Hyung, can I join you?" I asked.

_

*Y/N's POV*

I twisted my body a little bit on the bed, feeling a different type of warmth over the covers.

I could say that it was past midnight as I saw the small clock on the bedside table with my half-opened eyes.

The sound of someone mumbling broke my sleep and as I was about to turn to the other side, I couldn't.

It felt like my body has been paralyzed and my limbs had been tied up with a heavy load over me.