chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE

ONE YEAR LATER

Over the last year, Louis has been working incredibly hard to bring himself back to how he used to be.

And he's proud to say, he thinks he's there.

He had moments where he saw something he really liked and wanted – that was much too expensive and unneeded – but in the end, it just made him sad because it reminded him of Harry and the reason he lost him.

He currently lives in a one-bedroom apartment, he's a makeup artist working at Sephora, and he's got a pet dog named Clifford.

He bought Clifford as soon as he moved out of Zayn's flat, having thought if he had a companion or a friend, it would help him get through his hard time.

And it worked, Louis loved Clifford more than anything. He takes him on long daily walks and cuddles with him at night.

Overall, everything was going pretty well, and he was ready to go find Harry.

There was that time recently when he tried dating again; a man came up to him at Starbucks and asked him out. Louis had been having a rough day, it was what would've been his and Harry's three-year anniversary and in a low moment, he said yes.

He talked himself in and out of it for the following hours and managed to convince himself he might as well try and move on – because it had been nearly a year since the breakup and he hadn't heard anything from Harry.

Ten minutes into the date and Louis was sobbing his story out to the man who asked him out, and he made a new close friend, who was determined to help him get Harry back.

That was when he met Niall.

He was currently sitting on his bed with his laptop on the top of his thighs as he built up the courage to search what he wanted to.

What he's been avoiding for the past year.

'harry styles 2021'

He's ready to get Harry back and show him how he's changed, and he still loves him an incredible amount.

He takes a deep breath and finally clicks 'enter'. He holds his breath as he watches the screen load.

Once the screen finishes loading, he collectively gasps as tears come to his eyes. He feels like his whole world is falling apart and no, he's not being dramatic in his opinion.

He stares for longer than he's proud of before whimpering and curling into himself at the sight of the first website headline on his laptop screen.

'Harry Styles and girlfriend Aurora Blakely look loved up on their 6-month anniversary'

-

I know this chapter is short, sorry!

Anyways, thoughts?

Theories?