Chapter 14 - Jessica's Party (Continued)

Josh was wearing his letter jacket with a white t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans and his shaggy brown hair was swept across his forehead and he looked at her with his green eyes. He was looking really cute tonight but she still didn't like him. A guy that gets a girl wasted drunk so he can sleep with her is disgusting and not the kind of guy she would ever date.

"Hey Lynn. I was hoping you'd be here," he said. 

"Really? ............ Why?" she asked. 

"Do I need a reason?" 

"Yeah." 

He laughed and shoved his hands in his pockets. 

"I had a lot of fun with you at the party but Brady interrupted before we got to finish what we started." 

She scoffed. "You mean before you got to have sex with me? You're so sweet," she said sarcastically. 

"Hey, I'm sensing some hostility here for some reason. I just thought you were a cool chick and I wanted to hang out with you," he said defensively.

"Yeah well. You were wrong. I'm not a cool chick. I'm a nerd and I don't have sex with guys I barely know so you're wasting your time with me if that's what you want."

He put his hands up defensively. "Sorry. I'll leave you alone then," he said as he shook his head and walked away. 

For some reason telling him off made her feel like crap even though he totally deserved it. She took a deep breath in and exhaled deeply before taking a sip of the beer. Being at a party where she needed to start conversations with strangers was stressful and she wished she could just talk to Brady but she didn't want to bother him. 

She strolled around the party and found a group of girls by the pool that she recognized as being juniors. She sat down on a lounge chair close to where they were and she heard them talking about Xbox Live and video games. 

"My brother's a video game streamer on Twitch," she said, and they all three turned and looked at her like she had three heads. "Sorry I didn't mean to cut into your conversation. I just overheard what you were talking about." 

"Your brother does video game streams? What's his name?" one of the girls asked. She was a short, pretty Asian girl and she looked like the friendliest out of the bunch. 

"Wes Foster. He's a senior," she said. 

The girl thought for a second and then said, "Oh yeah ..... I know who Wes is. I had Chemistry with him last year. So what's your name?"

"I'm Lynn Foster. I'm a junior," she said with a smile.  

"I'm Mai Ling," the Asian girl told her with a smile. "It's nice to meet you."                     

The group of girls came over and sat by her and they all started talking about video games and her brother. She told them about their technology free summer and about Brady and his family moving in across the street. She was surprised how easy they were to talk to and they all seemed really interested in what she had to say. 

"I can't imagine a whole summer without a cell phone. I think I would die," one of the girls said, with a shocked expression. 

"That's what I thought when she first told me but I'm actually starting to get used to it. It's not as bad as I thought it would be." 

"I guess," she said, shaking her head. "So Brady Quinn is your neighbor across the street and you guys are friends now?" 

"Yeah. He's really nice," Lynn told them. "I came to the party with him."