Chapter 37 - The Tony Awards

***** One Year Later *****

I stepped out of the limo onto the red carpet and put my hand through Brady's arm. He looked so handsome in his black tuxedo with his blonde hair swept across his forehead and his hypnotizing blue eyes. He just kept getting more and more handsome.

He led me across the red carpet and we stopped in front of the paparazzi so they could take photos of us.

I was wearing a low cut, spaghetti strap, long, white shimmering gown that showed off my curves and my hair was pulled into a fancy french twist that was sleek and shiny. My stylist said it would show off my long, graceful neck and it made me look so elegant and regal, I felt like Audrey Hepburn at the end of My Fair lady. It was the best I had ever looked. After taking quite a few photos we walked forward and stopped in front of a line of reporters.

"These are your first Tony Awards Lynn. How are you feeling?" one of the reporters asked me.

"I can't even tell you how excited I am to be nominated. This is definitely a dream come true," I smiled.

"Brady. You're currently filming the new James Bond movie in New Zealand. How did you get time away to come to the Awards show tonight?"

"Well I just let the director know how important it was for me to be here today with Lynn and then right after the awards show is over both of us are flying back to New Zealand so we can continue filming tomorrow."

"So Lynn is staying on set with you while you film in New Zealand?" she asked.

"Yes she is. She's actually in the movie with me. She plays one of the bond girls. After I told her I would give up Hollywood to move to New York to be with her, she told me that she couldn't let me give up my dream and we came up with a compromise. Half of the year we're in New York doing Broadway shows together and the other half of the year we're filming movies together. That way we're both happy."

After a few more interviews we made our way inside and took our seats.

The lights dimmed and everyone finished being seated and I was starstruck by all the famous actors and actresses I saw around me. I couldn't believe I belonged among them.

The host of the show came out and did a funny monologue and then the cast of the Lion King came out and performed one of their hit songs followed by the cast of CATS. I was a huge fan of both of those shows.

After giving away several other awards the presenters said, "Now we'll announce the winner of the Best Musical," as they ripped open the envelope.

"The Golden Era!" she announced and I gasped.

"Oh my gosh! We won!" I shouted in shock. I stood up and grabbed Brady's hand and pulled him towards the stage as the director and other cast members made their way up to the stage as well. They handed the director the award and he stepped up to the microphone.

"Wow. I'm in shock right now!" he said with a huge smile. "I'd like to say a huge thank you to all of these people behind me for making my vision come to life. You're the ones that made this show what it is and you're the most talented group of people I've ever had the pleasure to work with. These set designers, choreographers, costume designers, dancers and singers blow me away with their talent. Most of all I'd like to say a special thank you to Lynn Foster for being the life and heart of this show. One day she asked me why I picked her to be the star of my show when she had never done Broadway before. When she auditioned I knew right away she was my lead. She's the most stunningly beautiful and talented singer I've seen in many years and when she's on a stage you can't take your eyes off her. I'm so blessed she walked into my audition and changed my life because without her I wouldn't be standing on this stage holding this award. Thank you!"