Chapter 26 - The Kissing Scene

She came in and explained everything to him, all about Tucker's parents and the girl they wanted to set him up with.

"I'm so sorry Lynn. I thought I was fixing you up with someone that wouldn't break your heart, someone who was perfect for you." 

"It's not your fault ...... or his. Please don't be mad at him because I'm the one that kept pushing him to admit that he wanted to go out with her and that's what caused us to break up. There just wasn't really a spark between us. He was sweet and nice and funny but there was no sexual chemistry there. He didn't make me want him. He's somebody I could see myself being friends with more than being in love with."

He nodded.

"Yeah I understand how that is. No matter how good somebody looks on paper and seems like you should be a good match, that doesn't mean it will work out. Like Jessica ..... she's pretty and fun and all but I can hardly stand her sometimes. She can be so annoying. That's why I've been kind of avoiding her lately or making excuses why we can't hang out." 

"Well if it doesn't work out with her I'm sure you'll find somebody else soon. I mean you're Brady Quinn. Everyone loves you." 

"Thanks," he said with a weak smile. 

"So do you want to practice our lines still? It's not that late yet?" she asked. 

 "Yeah. Let's do a read through first before we start trying to act it out." 

They sat on his bed and each of them read through their lines and when they got to the end of Act 2 she read out loud, "Matt dips Penelope down low and gives her a passionate kiss." She couldn't believe what she just read. Suddenly she was nervous about doing the play after all.

"What?" he laughed. "Are you joking?" he asked, flipping to the same page she was on. 

"Nope ..... right there it is ........ see?" she said, pointing her finger to the line on his page. "So you and I have to kiss for the play. How do you feel about that?" she laughed.  "Ready to quit and go back to football full time?" 

He scoffed. "After the way you reacted to kissing me last time I think you're the one that will be running for the hills," he laughed. 

Her face blushed red and she smacked him. 

"Okay. Let's get back to work on these lines," she said shyly, flipping back to the first page of Act 2. 

She looked up and noticed Brady had a funny little smile on his face like he was amused by the whole situation. 

They practiced their lines for a couple hours before she gave him a hug goodbye and went back home. At the next play practice the director was in a great mood and was excited to get the day started. He walked in wearing a long silk flowered robe and his bald head was shining under the stage lights. 

He clapped to get their attention and said, "It's a beautiful day people and I'm ready to make some magic! I need Matt and Penelope front and center for this scene," and Lynn and Brady walked to the middle of the stage. 

"Okay ...... in Act 2 you're going to be finally finding where she's being held by the kidnappers and rescuing her. At the end of the scene you confess that you're in love with her and you share a passionate kiss. I want the same great emotion and realism you guys gave me during Act 1. Got it?"  

"Got it," they both said, nodding their heads. 

Brady had a couple of fight scenes where he had to pretend to fight the kidnappers and beat them up to get to where she was being held. He was really good at making the punches and fighting look real and his acting was also really good. It's crazy that he had this amazing talent for acting and singing that he hadn't even known about.