| 31 |

"I had to learn how to stitch up my own wounds

"I had to learn how to stitch up my own wounds."
-

"I lost mine." I loudly sighed as I walked out of the OR and took off my scrub cap. "I lost the patient."

I looked around and spotted that I wasn't the only one who was in a bad mood. Burke, Derek, Addison, and Bailey looked the same as I did. "Did you guys?" I asked and all they did was nod.

With one last look at each other, we went our separate ways.

One of the first days, since the incident in my kitchen, when my mind was calm, it probably had something to do with the fact that my day started horribly.

Mark was back in New York, I was in Seattle, and nothing will happen ever again, at least that was what I tried to tell myself day over day, but somehow my brain kept recalling all the things he had said.

The kiss brought back the good

Maybe just one kiss

It was as if he needed to kiss me to forget me. Of course, I wanted to continue the kiss, to do more than that but I knew I couldn't.

This man is Mark Sloan. He's the biggest manwhore in the world, and there was no way he would ever think of me as something more than just a little fling or a one-night stand.

"Earth to Malia?" I snapped out of the zoom I was in when I saw Addison clipping her fingers together in front of my face. "You there?"

"Yeah, sorry. Just thinking about-...stuff." I murmured.

"Well, I made you some hot cocoa, it's because of the bad juju" she explained and shoved the thing in my hands. "Come on, Mals. Chop, chop. We still have lives to save today." enthusiastically called Addison and danced away.

I looked at the cocoa before shrugging my shoulders and taking a sip.

As I was walking down to the pit my mind went somewhere else, and I only snapped out of it when I realized that nobody had actually paged me. Weird.

I turned around and walked back to the lounge. At least today we have some free time. But as I said this I got a page. Looking down at it I saw that it was Cristina. "Why?" I groaned and rolled my eyes, but picked myself up and left the lounge.

"Hey." Derek smiled, I did the same. "We should really hang out, like, go drinking or something?"

"Uh, yeah. That would fun." I gave Derek another smile. I knew that I should've been ashamed of what I did a week ago, but somehow the shame of not talking to Derek, and distracting myself from him has gone away. And I was happy about it since I can't even remember the last time we did something together.