| 10 |

Disclaimer: school is about to end and im too scared about not getting a diploma, with that much worrying there's no time for me to own greys anatomy

"There's no chance in hell I'm moving there after what I heard last night." I scoffed at Derek as we walked down the lobby. My head was throbbing and I was already on my third cup of coffee today.

"It would be fun." Derek argued but all I could give him was my irritated look.

"Fun?" I raised my eyebrows, rolling my eyes. "It's not fun hearing you and my sister moan all night." I explained as memories of last night flooded in my mind and I tried to vanish them.

"I thought you were okay with us." Derek raised his hands in defence, trying to reason his way out.

"I didn't say that I'm not okay with you guys, I just think that you should maybe take it down a notch, so that people might — you know — sleep?" I raised my eyebrow as Derek hit me lightly in the shoulder. I was about to do the same but his phone rang. I was waiting for him to answer but all he did was hang up and dismiss it, turning back his attention to me.

"Who's that, an angry ex, your mother?" I joked but Derek didn't seem to be in the laughing mood. He stared ahead and started walking faster, soon disappearing in the few. Leaving me alone and confused.

The day went by slowly. Nothing important happened but the only thing I seemed to be thinking about was the phone call Derek had received. Had it really been that bad? So bad that he tried to avoid me and everyone else for the rest of the day?

Soon after, however, my wonderings were disturbed by my little sister pulling me into a supply closet. "Meredith, this isn't Derek." I chuckled as I looked around the stuffed room. Today was not my lucky day because no one seemed to get my jokes at all.

"It's our mother." Meredith whispered and my face immediately changed. For the past few months, I have been visiting her almost every single week. When I went two days ago, everything was alright, she was doing fine. "Did something happened to her?" I assumed the worst.

"She is fine, don't worry." Meredith assured and all my tension seemed to disappear. "But there are problems with the house." Meredith started but I got a page. Looking between her and the pager, I decided that my mother would never question this decision and immediately go for the pager, I should do the same, even if it is her life we were talking about.

"I'm sorry, we'll talk about this later." I quickly murmured and ran off.