| 30 |

Disclaimer: This chapter is for someone, who I hope will read it:)

"Your eyes stole all my words away."
-

Weekends for doctors, especially neurosurgeons, weren't really weekends, but it was at least five more hours of sleep. Most doctors spend this time being with their lovers, spending time with their families or friends, but for me, it was all completely different.

I wasn't really a family kind of person, yes, I did value my sister more than anything in my life, but other than her I had no family left. My mother was sick with Alzheimer's, and even if she wasn't she would tell me Weekends are not for doctors, Malia. We save lives.

My old lover, Kaleb, was dead, and his little girl that he got from an affair was far away. The man that had lived in my mind for a good two weeks is back in New York.

But that did not mean that I don't want to spend the little free time I have.

I woke up at 5 am as usually seeing as I was used to only wake up at that time. I made myself some coffee and while I drank it I read some medicine magazines. After that, I decided to go for a walk in the park.

As I was walking down the already busy park I spotted the two people I thought I would never see together. It was Derek and Meredith. I neared them suspiciously.

"Hi Derek, Meredith." I greeted with a smile. They looked a bit taken back but answered my greetings nevertheless. "What are you doing here-...the both of you?" I furrowed my eyes at Derek who innocently stared at me. "Together."

"Meredith wanted to see Doc so I thought that it was a good idea to take him out on a walk." Derek's story was pretty believable.

"Yeah, I miss this little guy." sighed Meredith as she stroked her dog. I joined her as I had missed Doc too, even if the last time I saw him was about three days ago when I went for a walk with Addison.

"Hm, anyways. Derek sees you at work." I decided to leave it there as I walked away, but not before looking back and seeing the two laugh at my behavior. It made me smile, for the first time in two weeks Meredith looked happy, and that made me happy.

_

"I feel unseen." I heard a familiar voice say as somebody sneaked up on me. I jumped a bit. "What?" Addison asked.

"Can you all stop doing that, I'm scared!" I let out with a big sigh. Addison mumbled an apology. "What do you mean unseen?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"By Derek, I mean yes...we live together, we do have sex, but we rarely talk or go outside the house together, like for shopping or something." it was clear that this really bothered Addison.

I tried to forget the fact that yesterday I had seen him going on a walk with my sister. "It's Derek, Addie...he doesn't really do shopping, he's more of a workaholic, like me." I reasoned with her, but Addie's head was still down.