| 45 |

Disclaimer: Are you serious, I would've brought Addison, Cristina and Arizona back if I owned Grey's Anatomy. I mean, I'm not that heartless not to.

another disclaimer: If you don't cry in this chapter I will automatically assume you don't have a heart :)

"She tried her best not to look back, but she did."
•-•-•

There she was. The girl looking for a new beginning was now replaced by a woman sitting by her daughter's bed, hoping for a miracle that she knew wasn't coming.

How far has she gone?

The girl's scared smile that she had on her face the first time she walked through the doors of this hospital, was now replaced by hundreds of sobs, escaping her lips every few seconds.

How did she get here?

"Hey, you alright?" I heard a murmur come from behind me. When I turned around, I saw Meredith standing there, her eyes gleaming with nothing but pity. She slowly made her way next to me, then took a chair from nearby and sat down, laying her head on my shoulder. Meredith's way of showing that she's there for me in every way.

"They are still running tests, but it's definitely leukemia." I got out. The name sent nothing but shivers down my whole body. I still couldn't composite what was happening, even after multiple hours. How could such a wonderful and amazing little girl get cancer, how was that impossible?

"What's your plan, Malia?" Meredith asked the important question, the one that I had been dealing with in my mind for the past few hours. What was I going to do?

Just as I was about to answer Meredith's question with a simple I don't know, Derek came inside, his eyes showed one last shred of hope, and that was all I needed, all I needed to keep going. "What is it?" my eyes lit up immediately.

"I called one of my old co-workers at the practice." Derek started while trying to catch his breath. Suddenly a chuckle escaped his lips, that was it, that was my light in this dark tunnel. "He'll do the treatment, he agreed."

I couldn't help but jump up and down. Instantly I ran towards Derek and wrapped my hands around his neck, the happiness I felt couldn't be explained in words, and soon after Meredith joined in the hug, her lips in the same smile that I and Derek had.

"Mom..." a weak voice said. I turned around to see Scarlett, her eyes slowly fluttering open. I didn't even realize what she had called me, but truth to be told, that wasn't the most important thing right now. The important thing is that she was awake.