| 37 |

Disclaimer: As much as I would love to have Derek Shepherd as the love of my life, seeing as the boy in my life is literally making my head explode. He belongs to Shonda.

 He belongs to Shonda

"She got magic in her eyes, even the stars envied

"She got magic in her eyes, even the stars envied."
-

"Can we have one chocolate, one vanilla, and-" I turned to face Mark who was standing behind me in the line at the ice cream shop.

"Vanilla."

"Alright, one chocolate, and two vanillas, is that all?" the casher asked. I simply nodded and after paying we left to go sit at one of the outdoor tables.

It was quiet for a while until Mark decided to speak up. "Scarlett-..how's kindergarten?"

"I don't go there, I only go there when I'm with Malia and she's busy at work," explained Scarlett. "At home, I'm usually learning alone, and I like it better that way."

"At home, so you don't live with Malia?" it was clear that Mark had no idea of the weird, twisted relationship between the two girls in front of him.

"It's-..it's complicated." I awkwardly chuckled, not really wanting to talk to Mark about my previous relationship that turned into a big disaster.

"Alright, Malia, how's work?" Mark smirked at her. That's when I remembered that I actually have to work today.

"Oh God, they're all waiting for me, Mer talked about what a crazy day they had had, and now-..oh no, what if she gets fired and I'm not there to talk Richard out of it?" I took my head in my hands. "And then her career will be ruined because I decided to be here with my daughter and my-... I mean Mark."

I looked up to see their surprised faces. A minute later I was met by Mark's peek on the lips, probably because I had almost called him my boyfriend.

"Oh Scarlett, I'm sorry." I turned to Scar thinking how she would be upset by the way I called her a daughter, but she just smiled up at me and hugged me from the side, happy that I had used that word.