| 12 |

disclaimer: school ended and im having luge practice every day. i have no time to own greys anatomy

 i have no time to own greys anatomy

"It's not us, it's them, them and their stupid boy penises." Meredith got out. She was laying down on the bathroom floor, right next to the toilet in case she needed to get it all out. I was curled up next to the open window as I waited for the sun to slowly rise.

"It's not that Burke broke up with me, it's how he did it, like it was a business decision, like he is the boss of me!" Cristina, who had risen from sleeping in the bathtub spoke. I was having a hard time understanding the timeline of these events so I kept quiet most of the time.

"he is the boss of you-"

"Wait, you and Burke?" I laughed, only now realising what Cristina had said. The two of them glanced at me, annoyed.

"We literally told you that five times already." groaned Meredith, hitting her head against the wall. I had no clue how much I had drank but it was clear that it was quite the amount.

"I'm gonna vomit." Meredith warned and let her head fall down on the toilet. Cristina pulled the covers of the bathtub, not wanting to see Meredith vomit.

"Why do I care so much?" I started, not caring of if anyone was paying attention to what I was saying. "We were friends, that's all." I mumbled. "But it just hurt so much that he kept this all from me, a part of his life because he didn't trust me with it." My head fell and it finally hit me. I had lost the only real friend I've ever had.

"You know what, Greys?" Cristina started, raising back from the bathtub once Meredith had assured that her vomiting had been a false alarm. "The problem is oestrogen."

"No, the problem is tequila." Meredith and I replied at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed.

"Girls, you know... I used to be all business but then he goes and gets me pregnant."

"With his stupid boy penis-" sang Meredith.

"You're pregnant?" I gasped, trying to pick up on everything as fast as possible.

"We told you that part seven times already." they reminded, rolling their eyes at my clumsiness.

"And I'm having hormones surges, he ruined me, I'm ruined, he turned me into this fat, stupid pregnant girl, who cares-"

"Wait, you're pregnant?" I gasped and they looked at me again, I mumbled an apology.

"Oestrogen."

"Penis."

"Friends." I added in.

I went to my house afterwards to get some clean hospital clothes and only then I went to the hospital. And the first person I had to walk past just had to be her.

"I need a consult." Addison started, trying to catch up with me but I never stopped walking.

"And I need more tequila, go ask your husband." I replied, and tried to walk inside the changing rooms, she still followed me.

"You're drunk?" The she said it almost made me feel like she cared, like she didn't just come into my life and destroy the only thing that kept me going.

"You caught up on that fast, huh?" I rolled my eyes in sarcasm. I hated now hard I wanted Addison to keep talking. How much this woman had an effect on people.

"You know I've heard of you in New York, the bright Malia Grey, star resident on her way to becoming an amazing neurosurgeon." Addison told, making me interested. Did they really used these words back in New York? "What happened?"

"Got cheated on, does that ring a bell?" I raised an eyebrow and knew that I had gone way too far on that one. Addison looked like she was trying to keep the hurt out of her eyes but it was easy to notice. She kept staring at me, waiting for me to say something too. I know I shouldn't feel bad but I did. "Alright, I'll do the consult."

Luckily for me the consult was fast, I didn't want to waste more time with her than I needed. It wasn't that I was angry at her, well I was, but the fact that she can make everything so likable about her was very annoying, and the last thing I wanted for myself was to like my best friend's and my sister's ex-boyfriend's secret wife.

For me, this day was a complete disaster, not only was I having a bad headache, but I was forgetting things all the time, I had no idea how I even managed to get this far into the day without getting into any trouble.

"You and Burke, what happened?" it might have seemed like I didn't care before, but this wasn't just having a relationship with your attending, this is having a child with him.

"Oh it's-" probably luckily for Cristina we were interrupted by Goerge. He seemed distressed and in a hurry, that's when I knew that it was something important.

"Dr. Grey?" he asked and I left Christina's side to join George.

"George, you saw me drunk on your bathroom floor this morning, I think we're past formalities at this point." I chuckled, making George nod and continue on on what he is saying.

"There is this patient, he is clearly dead but Dr. Bailey is making me do everything to prove it wrong." He started. It was clear how irritated he was because of this.

"If Dr. Bailey says to do everything, you should do everything, Goerge." sometimes it was a waste of time but it also was a great learning experience. To not give up even when there is no hope.

"But the other patient, she's a donner, and he still has brain activity." i immediately knew what to do. I glanced at George and the both of us rushed away.

"Dr. Grey, fellow neurosurgeon," I said to the massive group of guys who were trying to get the patient into an OR room.

"This patient is brain dead, there's nothing for you to do." rudely snapped one of the doctor's there.

"Move away." I ordered them but none of them even lifted a finger, they all just started at me.

"Malia-" came Derek's voice.

"I got this Dr. Shepherd." I replied and checked the patients eyes. I heard Derek clear things with the doctors. Soon after Derek, George and I were in an MRI room, looking at her stats.

"Dr. Grey and I will be preforming the surgery today." declared Derek and I smiled a bit. It's a needed time for transplant surgery.

I watched as the other doctors left, before following them, a few heartwarming words caught my ears, heartwarming words Derek was saying to George.

"Look out for both of them."