Give Me a Reason to Live

Song: Heartbeat Sound by Timer Crônometro Cronógrafo

They were dying no matter how hard I was trying.

My heart ached from the weight of their deaths that I was fighting to bear. Giving up was not an option.

So I fought. My silver power wrapped around the dying wolves littering the ground. I willed my gift into their withering bodies. I forced life to take up a home where death lived rent free.

I gave one last push of power before losing every wolf in sight.

The weight of my entire Pack pushed down on me and I screamed in agony. Whimpering at the unbearable burden of their death-

The second star calls to you, the Moon Goddess whispered. She will try to steal your generosity but you must never stop being kind...

The Orb.

The bodies of my dead Pack were replaced with nameless Werewolves. There were chains around their paws. Silver collars around their necks. I watched them all die one by one in rooms with grey walls and no windows. Soft whimpers forced their way into my withering heart.

I failed them.

I failed them all.

Somewhere, beyond the world of dreams, someone was screaming. It was a loud shrieking. The type of blood curdling shout you let out when everything hurt too damn much and all that was left to do was die.

That's how loudly she was screaming right now.

She?

Yes, she.

Wait...

No...

Me.

It was me. It had to be me.

Those were my screams. This was my dream and, holy fuck, what was wrong with me? My insides were on fire. It was like someone was reaching in and twisting my insides up. Piece by piece I wailed in agony. The internal pulling stretched the sickness within me until it filled every crevice. The world around me trembled as the dead bodies vanished one by one and-

She's convulsing! Alpha, hold her down! This is no ordinary silver.

I fell.

Straight into another old dream turned nightmare.

"I'm always here." Everything went into slow motion as I spun to find the source of the tender voice. Silver hair filled my blurring vision as the ground underneath began to give away. It was the landslide Leo and I were accustomed to seeing in our time. "I will always be here."

I fell with eyes of electric blues haunting me.

I'll be here, Venus. Until the very end...

Until the very end, huh?

I walked upon the cliff where Alpha and Luna met me in my dreams only to find that neither of them were there. There was no godly presence or dazzling atmosphere. Leo's scent didn't envelop me like last time nor were the waves as pretty.

Everything was just so disgustingly ordinary and it made me sick.

Why was I here? What was the point? Was this the path I needed to take to go back?

Did I even want to go back?

I wasn't so sure anymore.

Rowena broke me. The scars from the whippings would never heal. Nor would the trauma from the memories. I was strong enough to leave but was I strong enough to wake up and continue living?