For the Good of the Pack

Song: Fantasy Dance Music by Soothing Relaxation

Lining my wide lips with black lip liner, I eagle eyed every bend and curve of my mouth so it was perfect. I held a pout as I filled it in with blacker lipstick. The slick substance smeared itself over my frown and I smacked my lips to distribute the color.

Brushing my dark arched brows, I didn't bother filling them in since they were already thick. Clear gel held them in place. As the sun started to set, I brushed sticky black wax through my lashes, enhancing its fullness. My cheeks gleamed a light dusting of gold and I pulled my silver hair into a low bun. Two strands framed my face as I practiced believable smiles.

Slipping on my simple royal blue off the shoulder dress, I zipped the back up myself and smoothed out the fabric. The sweetheart neckline accentuated my heavy bosom. Squaring my shoulders, I raised my chin and replaced my expression of pain with one of serenity.

I was the picture of elegance and grace.

Everything a Luna was supposed to be.

Not bothering with shoes, I quickly left Pride's house and made my way towards the festivities. Loud music boomed throughout the entire Pack with an unusual sound for chaser.

Laughter.

My Pack laughed together for the first time in days. Pups no longer clung to their mother's legs. Now they were back to their mischievous ways. Running around and stealing little trinkets when people weren't looking. Slipping frogs into poor wolves' unsuspecting bags.

A brown eyed pup froze when his eyes met mine. The slimy frog twitching in his grubby little hands, desperate for escape. A wide, genuine smile, bloomed over my face at the sight of his dirty nose and toothless grin.

I'd always wanted a pup of my own someday.

The young boy grinned sheepishly and retracted his hand from the grey bag. Swallowing my lingering anger, I shook my head at the child and placed a finger to my lips. Winking, I opened my mind link and whispered, Be quick! Before Gamma Nicholos notices!

His eyes widened the size of saucers and an impish look overcame his expression. He quickly stashed the sticky frog into the crumpled satchel and ran away. I turned in the other direction as well and took quick steps towards where the cooks were roasting our meat.

CROAK!

Gamma Nicholos's loud cursing and the sound of his friends jeering filled the air. Lightness enveloped my steps and this time, I didn't have to fight to wear my mask.

"Hello, Lady Venus," the Omegas greeted me. I nodded at the hard working wolves and praised them for their impeccable cooking skills. Their cheeks flushed at my compliment and I joined their ranks.

"I'll make the plates of the injured first," I told them. The Omegas were quick to follow my orders. A stack of twenty plates were placed before me and a small wave of relief filled me at the low number. Yesterday it had been thirty still in the Healers care.

Using the large fork and knife at the center of the table, I sliced thick slabs of dripping meat for my packmates. The seasoned meat wafted over me and I salivated at the delicious scent. I spooned roasted vegetables and baked bread onto the porcelain kitchenware as well. Gathering five plates onto a large brown tray, I began distributing them to the joyful wolves. Words of gratitude left their lips. All of which I refused and replied with a simple, Don't thank me for what needed to be done! You just focus on getting better.

A Luna never accepts praise for what she's expected to do, Venus. We comfort them, not the other way around. Remember that, love.

Scanning the crowd, I found Pride with his other fuckboy friends and sighed.