65

"Alec I was in charge of the transfer." Izzy said trying to defend her brother as they found out that Valentine escaped.

"We both were." Jace said.

"Alec, we just can't let my grandma fire you for something you didn't do. I can't and I won't let her. Alright? You are a good leader." Anna said as she hold Alec's hand and he smiled at her as a than you sign.

"Alec will do as he is ordered." A voice said and they turned their heads to the source.

"Dad?" Izzy said surprised by the man in front of her.

"Crap. This day is getting better and better right?" Anna asked annoyed. Alec squeezed her hand and then turned to his father.

"What are you doing here?" Alec asked.

"I am the new envoy of the Clave." Robert said serious.

"Another one? Great! How many are going to be sent?" Anna asked but the old man ignored her comment.

"Can I talk to you privately?" Robert asked Alec and he nodded.

Robert started to walk to the office, but Alec turned to his girlfriend. "Be strong ok? Bare him just as long he is here." Anna said smiling. Alec smiled and nodded. H pecked her lips and walked after his father.

"Well, these events really made my day." Anna said and Jace nodded.

"You are right. We need to find Valentine and fast." Jace said and the three nodded and parted ways.

_______________

"So you saying that Max found some letters in your father's office and then he yelled at him?" Anna asked a little angry.

"I know you are angry at him but-" Izzy started but got cut off.

"Of course I am made of your father Izzy, and I am sorry that I am but I can't help it. He cheated on your mother and now he yelled at Max, who is an absolute sweetheart.. If it wasn't for you two I swear your father would have had already a blue eye." Anna said as she looked at the siblings.

"We understand love, but right now we need to find a way to get to Valentine." Alec said.

"Have any of you saw Seb today? I searched for him but I couldn't find him." Anna said as she looked at them.

"I haven't see him since yesterday." Izzy said.

"Me neither." Alec said.

"I am getting a little worried, and he started to act a little strange too. Let's go find Jace and Clary. I need to at least know that my brother is safe and sound." Anna said and started to walk with the siblings after her. 

They got in the library and found no one.

"What is that?" Izzy asked as she pointed to some piece of glass on the floor. 

Alec kneeled to them and picked one. Through them you could se the image of a water. "Is that a lake?" Alec asked while looking at the glass.

Anna looked at the glass and picked another one and looked through it, holding it in different angles and then she saw it. She saw the place she found her special book, the place where she went when she felt like she couldn't swallow the politic craps in the Shadowhunters's world.

"This is not any lake. This is Lake Lynn." Anna said looking at the water in the glass.

"How do you know that?" Izzy asked.

"It's hard to forget the lake you went to skate every winter." Anna shrugge.

"You know how to skate too?" Alec asked surprised and Anna smiled and nodded.